They didnt

Topic #40937 | Report this topic

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Fool is da real MVP!!!

Reply #628203 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Best post ever. But wait till the Adelaide crowd get on here after they get home from the game

Reply #628205 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Everyone blames the refs when they lose but look at the foul count.
I don't think Adelaide had more fouls so how do U blame the refs.

Just admit it that the better team won on the night and Joey got out coached.

Reply #628206 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

I am an Adelaide supporter and both home games were heavily favoured our way. Just as game two went the other way.

Any Adelaide supporter who says otherwise is ridiculously one eyed

Reply #628208 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

This is really funny.

Reply #628210 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

I think too many adelaide fans have better things to do.

Mostly crying.

But in all seriousness,they really did do well this season given everyone's expectations of them.

But with my cats hat on. I cant help but think to myself (and now publicly). It is so so sweet watching them get knocked out in this fashion.

Reply #628211 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hmm.

Reading some of these posts is like reading tweets from the new President of the United States.

Reply #628212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I love bacon
The Suxers are the best
We can lay down to win it all

Reply #628213 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Are you serious that the refs cost you the game.What was the foul count and how many free throws did Adelaide take.Maybe if Adelaide didn't miss so many at the charity strip they would of won.Where are the Adelaide supporters now,got the tissues out and maybe Adelaide were to cocky with everybody thinking the game was already won,very quite just like there crowd tonight.Did Adelaide choke?YES.Illawarra love the underdog tag and like Adelaide operate on a small budget.OK i won't rub it in anymore cause i know it's hurting.Adelaide still had a great season and exceeded all expectations'even from there fans.

Reply #628214 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

Baller#3 you are all class,an Adelaide supporter that knows his team got the calls.they missed a lot of free throws,game lost there and not like Kyrie2Nation as he is a total dropkick.Adelaide supporters saying Joey will out coach Bevo well i didn't see that,maybe they didn't practice there free throwing for this game,and where is bigmouth JOaRiDrAN.I think he is either hiding under the bed or in the corner having a sook.

Reply #628221 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Where did I complain about the refs you imbecile? I never said we didn't get the calls and even admitted Sobey flopped at times.

Idiot.

Reply #628231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey in the NBA. How ever suggested that is retarded jus sayin.

Reply #628233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I realise this was a tongue-in-cheek thread, but what is it with Adelaide and blaming the refs?

Despite getting most of the calls, Joey was complaining about the refs at half-time, to anybody who would listen, saying that the Hawks should not be allowed to play D like that.

Probably just as well he didn't get to face Perth then.

Reply #628234 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

My only complaint tonight was the technical foul Chris Reid issued on Drmic for his show of frustration. I thought that showed a lack of understanding and empathy for the moment and his ego got the better of him.

The right action in my opinion would have been to tell Drmic to keep calm and carry on otherwise he would be hit with a Tech for dissent.

Other then that I thought the referees did a good job and Illawarra deserved the win tonight as they were the better team.

Reply #628235 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Johnson, did you actually read the thread before posting, or did you just see the title and instantly start typing out two barely coherent paragraphs?

Reply #628236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't tell him after the event. Every player knows that even if you throw the ball down forcefully after and event you may get tech,d.
It's also well know that the refs have the call wrong in the 1st instance. As a follower of the NB for decades I have never seen such an inept offialdom.

Reply #628237 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The ref doesn't need to be empathetic, it's a semi final game 3 and you already have a technical foul, you do not react so boisterously to a call, that is inexperience and or character.

Besides Drimic doesn't exactly behave in a manner that would make him likeable to anyone other than some of his teammates.

Reply #628249 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Also great thread!! lost with 39 free throw attempts....

Reply #628251 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Thanks. I put alot of time and effort into the idea.

And it took me about 20 minutes to write the initial post. As you could probably tell, given all the detail i put into it.

Only thing i forgot to do was throw sauce all over it...

Reply #628253 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Yeah I'm still laughing at it.

Reply #628257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality shit post

Reply #628260 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

(Mod: This is an abysmal post. You should be ashamed of yourself.)

Reply #628265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was at the game massive 36er fan and have to say I love this post. Adelaide cost themselves by not showing up at the tip, they looked nervous flat and not at all sharp. Not sure who that lies with I guess everyone but simply beat themselves and wasted a great opportunity. Another lost season.

Reply #628269 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FTA count was 39-15. Adelaide missed almost as many FTs as Illawarra made. That would've put them in a better frame of mind and maybe got them over the line when they made that final run.

Reply #628291 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's an inexcusable sin to miss free throws, and in such a big game.

Especially our captain Creek, he is the last person who should be missing them.

Reply #628294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Especially our captain Creek, he is the last person who should be missing them."

He was too busy being the club's spokesperson.

Reply #628296 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Great thread, well played sir.

Reply #628301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the dude that put $20k on Adelaide to win the whole thing?

Reply #628311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On suicide watch. Or dousing his pants in water.

Reply #628312 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I don't think there would be a lot of Adelaide fans blaming the refs for the loss? Hawks played a hell of a game, Sixers missed free throws and turned it over at important times.

Reply #628318 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Dave you put a serious response to a troll thread haha, I don't think anyone would dispute the Hawks outplayed Adelaide

Reply #628319 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Joey disagrees with OP.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/18750854/referees-make-nbl-semi-professional-league-says-36ers-coach-joey-wright

Reply #628340 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

KET, everything here is a troll thread these days......

Reply #628346 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Joey has shown a complete lack of class the past few weeks. Has he at any stage acknowledged the Hawks were the better team?

Reply #628348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Joey... and he will cry to the media about it but won't talk to the the head of referees. Um what? He is losing the plot.

Reply #628350 | Report this post

What the Paul?  
Years ago

Paul, why are you jumping down Joey's throat on this one? The ESPN article takes a bunch of quotes from one of Boti's articles where Joey does give credit to the Hawks.

Any rational observer of the league can see that while the product has improved one key pain point is the refs. Not the refs fault personally, but when they aren't full-time you are going to have these inconsistencies from game to game that we are seeing.

Reply #628356 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

2/3 refs this final series are full time and they have been the ones blowing the big calls

Reply #628358 | Report this post

What the Paul?  
Years ago

Yes Vaughn and Aylen.

That doesn't distract from the overall point. The depth, culture and professionalism of the pool of referees is behind the players and coaches. I'm sure LK is aware of this and plans to fix it. In LK I trust.

Reply #628361 | Report this post

PH  
Years ago

How to tell whether people are actually serious or just continuing the Troll?

Reply #628362 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

I can't believe joey actually made my stupid thread relevant.

This just goes to show that you should always trust a fool. Because people more foolish than fool go out of their way to proove the initial fool was "wright" even when he wasn't.

Reply #628404 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I'm curious to know what Johnson said two posts after my last post. I'm sure it was directed at me. Lmao.

Reply #628446 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Sorry Kyrie, but that one was directed at me. Told me to give myself twenty four (get it?) extra hard uppercuts or something like that.

Clever, witty man, is Johnson.

Reply #628473 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

Ah. No worries then. He needs help.

Reply #628475 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

K2N. how do you attract all the nutters. DD and now Johnson.

The only one of the big three (who shoot of their mouth without engaging their brain) that hasn't abused you yet is Joey.

Reply #628482 | Report this post

Kyrie2Nation  
Years ago

I think it's because I'm so passionate about the 36ers and just sports in general lol. Sometimes it gets taken the wrong way and nutters like him react like he has.

I was pretty pissed off last night and probably said some things I regret but I never blamed the refs for our loss. I did have some digs at the Hawks and their players but that's part of the banter in sports. They deserved to win the series, we just weren't good enough.

Reply #628489 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Paul, why are you jumping down Joey's throat on this one?"

Because he's shown a lack of class on more than one occasion, and he's someone who is usually very measured and fair once he gets away from the heat of the sideline.

Reply #628519 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Joey said post game the Hawks were better so there goes that argument.

Reply #628568 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

"It's a tough way to go out but they were better than us." Joey Wright post game

Reply #628570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754