Anonymous
Years ago

Marvelle Harris to miss game one

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4489794/harris-to-return-to-us-miss-opening-gf-games/?cs=302

Feel really bad for the guy due to his ill father, and less importantly,terrible timing for the Hawks.

Topic #40942 | Report this topic

J  
Years ago

Was nice for him to play a great game in what sounds like the last his father will see him play.

Lot's of respect for a rookie to come out with that showing now hearing what he was dealing with.

Reply #628303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Somethings are bigger than your job and basketball. Hope everything is ok

Reply #628305 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

This is a sad situation for Marvelle and his family.Marvelle was about to play in a grand final that everybody strives on doing and winning and he has to go home cause his dad is very ill.To me looks like he wasn't told how ill his dad was until after last nights win judging how happy he was after the game.Maybe that's why his form had dropped off since midway through the season.I fear it could be longer than the first game but family comes first so Marvelle take all the time with your loved ones you need.

Reply #628306 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Truly awful news, best wishes to him and his family.

Reply #628336 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

After having a close family member pass away in recent months, I definitely sympathise - some things are just more important than sports or work.

Reply #628337 | Report this post

Johnson  
Years ago

I would like to add to my previous post that as a Hawks member and going to every home game i have had plenty of chat time with him and he always has got time for the supporters,he truly is a funny guy that loves taking photos with the fans which explains when the Hawks go around court side to high five there fans he mite be one of the first to start but last to finish or if he's at the end of the chain he will still be out there a few minutes after all the players have left the court.Life can be so cruel but i hope he gets back home to the states to spend some precious time with his father and family and the Hawks family and basketball community around the country(nbl) will be thinking of you.

Reply #628366 | Report this post

whitewind  
Years ago

As a wildcats fan it is terrible news. Best wishes for him and his family, and sad for the club to not have a full strength team after their fantastic showing last night.

Reply #628509 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Yes he performed so well with his father so ill. Wishing him all the best in coping with whatever may now happen.

Reply #628515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754