Isaac
Years ago

NH - Snoop Dogg starts junior football league

Just read an article on Plastic.com called Go Team Chronic!

Not impressed with the local football Little League in Orange County, in which he coaches his son's team, Snoop Dogg started his own league.

The original league and those parents involved have been less than impressed (accusing him of winning converts via gifts and a pimped out bus), but a number of players and coaches have moved across. Some are questioning the motives of the original league, given that Snoop's offering is more affordable. While the typical league costs US$175 per child, Snoop's league is US$100 for the first child from a family, and half price for any others.

He's got Ice Cube and the Chili Peppers to feature in a benefit gig to help fund the league. As he puts it:

"It's hard for a parent to get their kids involved when there's so much money involved, especially when it's no money to get in a gang or do something negative," Snoop said Tuesday. "We're just trying to give the kids something to reach toward and look forward to."
The players have to maintain a GPA of 2.0 to be involved, in another positive move.

Oh, and there's going to be a Snooper Bowl! And of course, a movie, Coach Snoop.

Topic #4095 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

haha i can see a spinoff TV series aswell.

Reply #47642 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Hmmm - let's crystal-ball this at a local level:

Wealthy celebrity with young kids brings their kids out to basketball - only to find a flower show being held instead.

Dissatisfied with BASA, he/she forms own league, hosts benefit gig with celebrity music friends performing.

Could it happen? Has Lleyton Hewitt had his kid yet? How soon could they start playing U10s?

So many questions...

Reply #47650 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Watched a doco on his team a while ago.

Snoop has an employee go to the games of the opposition and video tape them and record their plays, so he knows what to expect each week.

The team rolls into games on a fuly loaded leather clad plasma screened bus with a picture of snoop on the side with a slogan "Powered by the DOGG"

Pure hilarity

Reply #47660 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I wonder if Lleyton would put on a charity match with some mates to raise money to wipe the debt of BASA. We would still be stuck with the flower show though, or the people who thought it a good idea.

Reply #47662 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Bo - You could have something here...

Which celebrities Muse'o live in Adelaide:

Ben Fold - Good music connections, lives in/near unley so if he gets sturt involved, Mescke may get his Blue world wish.

Hilltop Hoods - DC's dream, Aussie Hip hop and Basketball combined.

Guy Sebastian - On second thoughts, BASA arn't doing that bad a job.

Reply #47666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doc

Surely there is a banjo playing, moonshine drinking boot scooter for Eastern to hang their hat on???

Reply #47669 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

ouch - must have been the sturt reference... i thought you'd be busy cleaning your paint brush.

We could claim the Hilltop Hoods (healthfield high boys), but i'd fear the outlash of DC.

What other celeb's in adelaide could start an alternate Basketball league Snoop Dogg Style.

Reply #47670 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

fo shizzle my nizzle

Reply #47673 | Report this post

sabre man  
Years ago

ben folds wife / her family are very good friends of my family

they have twins and live out norwood way

when they are old enough - we'll be getting them to sturt if they want!

but it is their life and choice - but we will give it our best shot

ROCKIN THE SUBURBS

Reply #47715 | Report this post

westside homie  
Years ago

ken cole could get a gig with snoop

Reply #47716 | Report this post

The future of NFL:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2137525

Reply #47754 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Bit of an update about "happenings" in Snoop's footy league here (includes video).

Reply #67341 | Report this post

Geovany Serrano  
Years ago

SnoopDogg Iwas willing to get in your football league because my idle are you Dr.dre 2pac Biggie and my favorite sport is football in my school I had to stay two whole weeksin the office by playing Tackelfootball butim still goingto play oright snoop YOURMYNUMBERONEFAN
sincerly Homie geovany Serrano So may you send me a contractto 1003 Tonopah ave a La Puente California 91744 Contact me at 626 918-6196 Hope you send me acontract to enter your team Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Mod: Yes, I know I always sign job applications with "sincerly Homie". Good luck kid, but I'm pretty sure Snoop isn't your number one fan as you claim...)

Reply #67538 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Reply #89468 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Reply #89469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754