Isaac
Years ago

Andrew Bogut signs with Cleveland

Cavs, Celtics, Rockets and Spurs suggested as options.

Topic #40975 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Would certainly fit in Boston. They're one of the three worst teams in rebounding from memory.

Reply #629177 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Apparently his agent is telling teams he intends to join the Cavs

Reply #629201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Updated topic title to reflect the new info out there.

Cavs paying $4. Bit long now that they're adding Bogut and Deron Williams?

Reply #629206 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Celtics are a good fit, but who would they cut? All of their players have good trade value.

Spurs can't offer the same role other clubs can with Aldridge, Gasol, Dedmon and Lee.

The Cavs and Rockets were the only probable outcomes: the former for a chance to compete for another title, and the latter because they had considerable money to throw at Bogut, in addition to a sizeable role (albeit not for a team that is likely to seriously compete).

Cavs have been penciled in for some time now.

Reply #629212 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@Isaac: I think that reflects the Kevin Love injury cloud. For all we know this could drag well into the playoffs.

Reply #629243 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mo, you don't think Houston are a contender? Third in the West so they're at least in the mix.

Reply #629249 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut signs with Cavs!

Reply #629260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He helped the Cavs out last season now he will again.

Reply #629261 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

With Durant going down with an injury of unknown severity things could really tighten up in the finals predictions. If it is the expected Warriors v Cavs finals, without Durant, the edge has to be back well in the Cavs favour with their recent signings.

Reply #629274 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Isaac, granted Houston are doing very well. I just don't think they will be able to beat the likes of the Spurs, AND the Warriors before they even have a crack at the likes of the Cavaliers/Celtics/Raptors.

I doubt many would consider them favorites against the Spurs, and if Durant's injury isn't serious then obviously not the Warriors. Factoring in their first round matchup (which they are likely to win), that means they have well under 20% chance of even making the finals.

Only my opinion, but I'd give them a 5-10% chance of winning a title at best. To me that doesn't qualify as a legitimate contender.

Reply #629353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that he could have resigned with warriors, bitter about being traded? Would think he had friends there, knows the system and would have had animosity against cavs who took their title. When he was traded it didn't seem like their was much bad blood, disappointed to go but they traded him to a team he approved of.
And could have sixers used him as a mentor, embiids been out for a bit and okafur has had issues plus can't play defence. Would he have been a distraction. Basically 76ers got nothing for Noel, would have thought Boston could have given a better deal and puzzling since Noel has been a better fit recently than okafur,but suppose the threat of him leaving for nothing forced their hand. Could have got way more for him earlier in the season, fans are probably wishing presti was still there.

Reply #629457 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I completely understand Boguts' decision not to want to go back to the Warriors. At the end of the day; they traded him. However good the terms of the breakup were, the simple takeaway is that they didn't believe him to be valuable to their title aspirations (that would obviously hurt as a player, especially because he did show his value to their 2015 title). Bogut has openly said there was no bitterness and he didn't mind; but I'm sure there is, there always is even if only minor, it's natural human emotion.

Reply #629475 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The Warriors are loaded with bigs too: Zaza, West, McGee and McAdoo (although I would cut him in a second for Bogut). But they also play Green at the 5. There just isn't really a role for Bogut at the Warriors, either.

Reply #629477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Bogut signing with the Cavs puts them well over the Douche Cap.

Reply #629659 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

From memory allay made some smart ass comments about Bogut being a premadonna at the Olympics because he commented on the shitty accommodation (you know, because allay wasn't on a cruise liner)... So maybe Bogut wants to teach him a thing or two... most likely has nothing to do with it

Reply #629731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Allay?

Reply #629739 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Klay*

Reply #629740 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Really wanted him on the C's but this is the most logical decision for him, especially if it just lasts this year.

Reply #629743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warriors still huge favourites for the title.

Reply #629747 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

aaaaand he's injured already

Reply #630155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754