Isaac
Years ago

WNBL All-Star Five named

Four teams are represented in the 2016/17 WNBL All-Star Five with Perth Lynx's Sami Whitcomb, JCU Townsville Fire’s Suzy Batkovic and Marianna Tolo of the University of Canberra Capitals joining two players from the Brydens Sydney University Flames in Leilani Mitchell and Asia Taylor.

The All-Star Five is voted on by the league's coaches and captains.
Anything controversial with the picks?

Topic #41014 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I expected.

Reply #630222 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Spot-on IMO.

Reply #630223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will be a little annoyed if Sami doesn't get MVP. Leads league in scoring. Most points scored in a season. Mosts 3pts in a season. 13 (i think) teams of the week selections, twice as many as the next best and lead the league in steals. Top 10 ave assists top 20 ave rebounds.

Reply #630225 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Only one who could have also made it was Steph Cumming. However everyone selected was deserving.

Reply #630267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I think batkovic should be mvp.

Reply #630270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whitcomb
24.15 pts, 5.22 rbds, 3.93 asts, 46%fg, 78%ft, 41%3pt.

Batkovic
20.92 pts, 10.85 rbds, 2.69 asts, 45%fg, 79%ft, 23%3pt.

Reply #630272 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Whitcomb will get MVP, surely. I think Suzy will be the runner-up, but I don't think it will be an especially close race.

Reply #630305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754