CT
Years ago

Egwu back to Cairns in 17/18?

Buried at the end of a story in today's Cairns Post about Jarrad Weeks playing for the Marlins in the QBL:

"Taipans coach Aaron Fearne has flagged the possibility of bringing back import Nnanna Egwu for the 2017/18 NBL season.. 'We have big plans on wanting to bring him back'".

Good move if you ask me. Still got a lot to learn but was a solid value import and can only improve. He also shoots the ball from outside a lot better than most players in his position.

Topic #41066 | Report this topic

Kingpodge  
Years ago

100% great team guy as well.

Reply #631119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Problem is with a 5ppg import you will end up losing in playoffs again/not making them even, because of the big spending teams.

It sucks but NBL isn't a development league.

Reply #631120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its going to be interesting how the teams that opt to use an import slot on a back up option to either shore up their depth or save some $ go in the new and improved NBL.

I think a lot of teams this year kind of decided to tread water with their 3rd import options to gauge how serious the rest of the league were going to take the new cap and import options.

IMO now that Perth and the other major clubs have shown they will spend big to win big, the other clubs have no choice but to fall in line and spend big or face up to the reality that they won't be as competitive.

Reply #631121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm all for the clubs backed by $$$$ to spend big as long as they pay the tax.

Reply #631124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... which is in doubt of happening.

Reply #631125 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

"IMO now that Perth and the other major clubs have shown they will spend big to win big, the other clubs have no choice but to fall in line and spend big or face up to the reality that they won't be as competitive."
LOL at the "Big Bad Perth" rhetoric.

Would love to know what teams actually spent, especially where Perth sat before signing Cotton.

I don't really care if they announce individual salaries, although as I Said it would be interesting, and I don't feel their committee system has legs, but just announcing the tax paid by each club would be good.

Reply #631149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:00 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754