Thoughts Melbourne fans?

Topic #41068 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks christ its not Joyce.

Reply #631133 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

At least they can still yell out at Dean....

Reply #631134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing, despite the recruiting lacking variety in first names.

Reply #631135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing, looking forward to United playing with some structure and not Jack it up all the time.
When is the free agents list out who have they got under contract ?

Reply #631140 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

Love it will actually have a defensive system now. Goulding and Andersen are contracted as dar as I know.

Reply #631141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a slap in the face to the Kings. Gaze and Vickerman couldn't get it done last season. LC is a mate and a token Asst Coach who will replace DV now?

Reply #631143 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

How is it a slap in the face for the Kings? He's a proven winning NBL Head Coach. It's a slap in the face to him to have to be under unproven Gaze and frequently be ignored by him from what I saw in games. Good luck to him, wish the Kings had signed him as head coach.

Reply #631144 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

Sur-prise, Sur-prise, Sur Prise.

Reply #631145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. LOL @ Gaze/Kings debacle. Kings remain a joke.

Reply #631147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course its a slap in the face for the Kings. DV is a Tigers person thru and thru as is LC. The only thing I fail to understand is why he wasn't under a long term contract with the Kings.

Gaze specifically targeted Vickerman and he's lost back to the hated enemy.

Reply #631158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It didn't look like he was utilised at the kings, good pick up for Melbourne.

Reply #631161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The good start by the Kings didn't help with matters as it had Gaze further deluded of his abilities that by the end he was basically just poating on the sidelines with a "why isn't it working anymore?" look.

Reply #631162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As Australia's greatest player Gaze isn't a Lindsay Gaze. He is there for promoting the Kings only and as soon as the Kings realise it the better.
Gaze has a limited tenure and FWIH Goorj is out of contract after the last contracted season in China. Bring back the Goorj. He will have made his money and could do with a $400k top up. ;)

Reply #631165 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Spot on Duke Fan!

But what I want to know is when are the club salaries going to be released and what cut of the overspending from the big money clubs will go back to the battler clubs?

Surely that would have a massive impact on club's signings and recruitment...

Reply #631188 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm happy with this.

He has recent, successful NBL coaching experience. Unlike Melbourne United's/Tigers last few coaches- none of whom have turned out too well- Demopoulos, Anstey, D-Mac.

Reply #631189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Vickerman is definitely the best candidate. his resume speaks for itself.

Anstey was there for 2 years (1 Finals, finished 5th) got fired cause Vince didn't like him.

D.mac was given a team he didn't pick after the 1st game, very talented but didn't gel cause some players had other agendas, didn't get another chance, like his first time with the tigers, only coached 10 games, again wasn't given another season.

Demopolus was never head coach, Vince thought bringing somebody from america was the way to go, (1 finals, finished 6)

Vince tried to get Goorgian, Lemanis & Mike D'antonio, nobody wants to work for him. case closed.

Reply #631194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dmac was always a bad choice as HC. Lazy trainer and lazy HC.

Reply #631199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ANON #631199

Do you have proof of this? Do you know him?

I've seen him and worked with him as a trainer and coach, I've seen different to what your saying.

Is this personal hate for the guy? I've seen that on this site with different players and coaches.

Reply #631217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No hate at all. Dmac was happy to coach and attend trainings. No pressers and do not a lot in terms of media. Anstay, Gaze Dmac were lazy trainers. Is that wrong too? Talent always prevailed. Lazy isn't always a bad thing but if you are appointed a HC role it may bite you on the bum.

Reply #631219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i understand that, maybe he should've passed on the head coaching job, but then he might not have got another chance. Ive been around the guy and he knows a lot about the game, i think what hurt him was his communication with the players, really more old school, as this is your job, if i have to motivate you then theres a problem, its what these guys get paid for. As far as media, that wasn't up to him, thats all from the club. he actually enjoyed doing the media, but they never came to him.

Whats your definition of a lazy trainer? Have you ever Coached on the NBL level?

Reply #631222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never coached at NBL level but I know players that have trained with him for sure Undoubtedly his knowledge of the game is superior as is A Gaze. Look how that's going eh. Of course Gaze trained the house down too didn't he ;)

Reply #631250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Anon.

I'll let him know he needs to pick it up.

Reply #631272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who will coach the Kings now?

Reply #631287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze coached the team last season, was probably part reason for Vickerman took United job.

Reply #631291 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

One of United's best decisions yet I feel!

Reply #631435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:19 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754