Anonymous
Years ago

Vickerman on the job already

Already looking at the culture and players for United Vickerman is at the helm already.
Talk already of Adnam being promoted, why I don't know.
3 local spots to be filled and he's hoping to retain the current 2 Assts.
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/melbourne-united-coach-dean-vickerman-targets-roster-culture-improvements-20170321-gv30zp.html

Topic #41084 | Report this topic

Reggie  
Years ago

Why isn't Nate Tomlinson working on his game in a local state league ? Surely he should be playing for a Melbourne seabl club.. his game needs work. Or is he happy to be pushed out of the league

Reply #631512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman will get coy this guy is very good.

Reply #631516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomlinson is in Colorado with his wife and daughter

Reply #631519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting article. Hadn't really considered the effect the expanded rosters will have on international leagues. An extra few roster spots for d league players may increase the number of players looking to move up through the d league.

Reply #631521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great point about Tomlinson. Guy acts as if he is an elite player but he is a scrub who should be toiling in state league to improve his defencies. Surely he is outed soon.

Reply #631549 | Report this post

Big J  
Years ago

Heard rumour that Tomlinson could end up at Mckinnon after he finishes his holiday, only a 2nd hand rumour

Reply #631568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always respect someone that talks about someone's defencies. Surely you have spell check and a brain?

Reply #631573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A spelling mistake doesn't invalidate the point being made.

Reply #631575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the point being is exactly what? Spell it out
Tommo is a floor general and isn't in the category of a Cotton etc nor money being paid. Hell Kyle Adnam is going to be promoted according to Vickerman. No way I would want a flash in the pan player like Adnam over Tomlinson. Adnam cant defend jack shit at NBL level let alone seabl level. A streaky 3 point shooter at best.
Tomlinson has a great college pedigree and Adnam is now on his 3rd? NBL club.

Reply #631583 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Can understand Adnam moving up over Tomlinson. Youth, coachable, and is a pass first point. There is potential for more to come from him, although it'd obvious an experienced and reliable starting point is always required in Melbourne.

Fingers crossed for the return of Boone even more so than Ware. Humble and expressed his enjoyment in the league. Ware still has NBA aspirations and can seem a little cocky, but would have him back for familiarity and also as he's shown to be ice cold when it matters.

Existed about Vickerman's movements already. Cannot wait for next season.

Reply #631588 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Tomlinson is straight trash. I always hate when he's on the floor as I'm just waiting for his airball 3s flashy passes to be turned over and for him to throw his hands up like the Monstar Squad stole his powers. Time to send him back to the Maccas drive thru, visor cap and all.

Reply #631589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think McD's would accept all of those dreadul tatts.

Also the anon above defending him - hi Billy T!

Reply #631591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dreadful

Reply #631592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah good thing Boone doesn't have that terrible tats issue.

Reply #631604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone, unlike Tomlinson, will be in the game for far longer. No McD's for him.

Reply #631621 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I'm not Billy Tomlinson, so I'll put a plug in for Nate.
I can't seem to understand all the hate?
He's a team player, controls the tempo, solid on D, talks, & makes those around him better. As a back up PG he's a pretty good dam deal.

Reply #631886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754