Anonymous
Years ago

36ers looking to sign Ramone Moore

Adelaide 36ers in bid to sign former Melbourne United import and NBL sharpshooter Ramone Moore

THE Adelaide 36ers look likely to sign quality US shooting guard Ramone Moore for the club's 2017-18 NBL assault.

Moore played 20 games with Melbourne United last season before suffering a calf injury, which led to the club releasing him ahead of the play-offs it then failed to reach.

Born in Philadelphia, the 193cm guard averaged 10.1 points at 46 per cent with 2.0 assists and 2.9 rebounds in 21 minutes, coming off the bench behind Rio Olympian Chris Goulding.

Full article

Topic #41106 | Report this topic

Shano76  
Years ago

Good pickup if true.

Reply #631980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-in-bid-to-sign-former-melbourne-united-import-and-nbl-sharpshooter-ramone-moore/news-story/a2a3dc5077b50b5bf762ca4deb43caf4

Reply #631983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't watch the beginning of the season. Was he good?

Reply #631984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In South Philadelphia born and raised in the playgrounds where I spent most of my days...

Reply #631985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West*

Reply #631986 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He was good early, when he actually got consistent playing time.

Reply #631987 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Big if true

Reply #631988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True if big

Reply #631989 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would be happy with this is he were essentially replacing Ferguson. He wasn't used all that well by DD at Melb and showed when given the opportunity he could perform. I actually thought it was good bit of scouting/recruting on their behalf just not used well.

Just need to bring back Randle, get an upgrade on Jacobsen and if Sobey comes back we'll be laughing.

Reply #631992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle-Moore backcourt?

Reply #631995 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^ lol, a bit bored #631989?

Reply #631996 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I guess you either get Moore or Webster, not both

Reply #631997 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No need for Webster really if Moore is coming on board.

I assumed Webster was a fall back if Randle left we could probably only afford to sign one superstar import so would settle for Webster rather than a less expensive import.

Reply #631998 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Big true if

Reply #632002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true big

Reply #632003 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I guess this is the aim:

C Hodgson/Deng
F Johnson/Import
F Creek/Drmic
G Sobey/Moore
G Randle/Teys

Reply #632004 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Me too thanks

Reply #632006 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Solid lineup KET. Doubtful on Randle by the sounds of it. Should be a competitive squad if we nail the last two import spots.

Reply #632010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely its time for brendan teys to move on?

Reply #632011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why?

Reply #632012 | Report this post

spot up  
Years ago

Solid pick up by the Adeladies, I thought Moore was underutilised at MU.

Is Sobey back for sure?

Reply #632014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably. PAOK keep saying Sobey is only with them on "loan" from Adelaide so looks like there was nothing to fear from the beginning.

Reply #632015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sobey signing will be announced soon

Reply #632018 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Rom one Moore would be a perfect replacement for ferguson,he can shoot 3 and play inside as well.

Reply #632021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore would be a gigantic leap forward from Ferguson who offered nothing. Wasn't even really played much. If the 6ers could also pull off Casper Ware instead of Randle as it appears he is gone then I'd be happy with that. Webster is cancer though I'd be steering clear. If he can't make it work in New Zealand a very supportive club by all accounts he is destined for self destruction.

Reply #632045 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Moore was often times early in the season the guy who held it all together for MU. He is a great player maker and a really nice shooter doesn't force it. Jack of all trades.

Reply #632048 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Agreed, Midrange. Always watched his game and thought he was the one out there often left to clean up when things got scrappy, which was often for Utd.

Whilst this would be quite a big loss for Utd and a big gain for the 36ers, I'm glad to see the league is becoming a legitimate option for talented imports to consider staying put.

Reply #632050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did Demo have him on the bench. What a master coach.

Reply #632051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is this even news? Now every other team might target him. #weird

Reply #632052 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I would say if Boti has gone with it it is a done deal.

Reply #632055 | Report this post

MidRange  
Years ago

Cos demo was a genius who sat blanch in the corner to get out of goulding and wares way... duh.

Reply #632057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#632052 you are #weird for thinking Sixers would announce someone before having their signature on the dotted line.

Reply #632058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Demo was such a DUD!

Reply #632059 | Report this post

Wookiee77  
Years ago

I would say if Boti has gone with it it is a done deal.

Hopefully for 36ers fans, his strike rate is better than the last couple of off seasons, especially when involving Unitard players...

Reply #632095 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Ha ha yes he missed a couple. Usually with 6ERS stuff he is accurate. Almost like he has inside info ha ha

Reply #632097 | Report this post

TL  
Years ago

Webster not out of the picture yet.

Reply #632321 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

^ might be now ;)

Reply #632442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754