Anonymous
Years ago

Changing teams

Has anyone here ever changed teams they've followed in the NBL?

Sick of the Wildcats, sure they win but don't like the players/coaches/management so thinking of changing to Sixers.

Thoughts?

Topic #41108 | Report this topic

Very Old  
Years ago

Hmm , Glenelg, West Adelaide, Hobart Devils, Cannons , all a bit sad at a personal level actually.

Reply #632023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should clarify anyone changed teams due to reasons other than the club going under/changing leagues?

Reply #632026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very Old at least you have the memories.

Reply #632028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm about to change teams because my current one has a bullshit logo of a piping shrike that some bright spark thought was a rear idea. Oh and they have made it a thing to underachieve and be cool with it.

Reply #632038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Valid points but I feel like the Sixers with their youth movement and new owner are on the up. The logo stinks yes but the team and personnel are the main thing.

Reply #632039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also style of play very attractive.

Reply #632040 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

I can't imagine it would be honest of me to support a team outside of the city I was born and raised in (Melbourne).

That being said, at the demise of the Melbourne big 3 rivalries of the 90s (was NEVER a Tigers fan) I stopped supporting any NBL side until the Breakers emerged (I'm the first Aussie of a Kiwi family) but am now back with Melbourne for the opportunity to attend games and get behind something exciting on a regular basis.

Reply #632053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the Perth players/coaches/management irk you, not sure how jumping aboard the Sixers is going to make things better.

Reply #632060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is more arrogant than Marvin.

Reply #632080 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

@OP.

"Sick of the Wildcats, sure they win but don't like the players/coaches/management so thinking of changing to Sixers."

Lets compare the Wildcats and Sixers (your choices).

Sixers players - Labels the Hawks dirty whilst Marvelle was worried sick about his dad.

Wildcats players - Damo offers his condolences to Marvelle at the GF speech.

Sixers management - Allows Creek to reiterate the Hawks are dirty on behalf of the whole team.

Wildcats management - Gets the team to wear arm band and offers a video tribute to Marvin Harris.

Sixers Head Coach - Calls Brisbane Bullets b*tches on Social Media.

Wildcats Head Coach - A couple of high octaves / game.

Can you please present a logical case for shifting to the Sixers?

Reply #632083 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Sixers players - Labels the Hawks dirty whilst Marvelle was worried sick about his dad.
WTF is the connection between those two things?

Sixers management - Allows Creek to reiterate the Hawks are dirty on behalf of the whole team.

Wildcats management - Gets the team to wear arm band and offers a video tribute to Marvin Harris.
...again, what is the connection between Marvin Harris and the Hawks being dirty? Why should Adelaide management be diving in front of microphones to stop their players saying things?

Reply #632084 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

There were a couple of guys I knew or played ball with that were in the league in the late 90s/early 2000s and I kinda/sorta followed their teams pretty closely, but not to the point of buying merchandise, etc.

Reply #632102 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Hey mate probably best to wait until the betting odds come out for the championship each year and jump on whoever is most likely to win. I mean if you are going to jump on a bandwagon may aswell make it the most likely to win the title!

Reply #632113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alexkrad that's a thought if Cats load up on imports again I may bet on them so at least I can get behind them with money on the line.

It's not whether you win or lose, unless you've got money on it.

Reply #632186 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

i this thread satire? ...surely....

Reply #632785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, I am going over to the Sixers. Sobey signed, hopefully Randle next. Let's get it!

Reply #632794 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

Apologies if i find your "passion" hard to buy.

Reply #632806 | Report this post

Papa John's  
Years ago

passion... wat?

Reply #632811 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

But OP is from Perth right?

Good luck following a team you can't follow on Twitter!

Reply #632814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I'm from Perth.

Randle gone now lol maybe not...

Reply #632852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754