smith
Years ago

Adam Doyle - Signed 3 year deal with 36ers

This is a very pleasing signing. This guy can play. He has immense speed, level head and zero ego. And boy can score.

Topic #41128 | Report this topic

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Good on him,he's great PG option off the bench for any team.

Reply #632510 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Why would he have an ego?

Reply #632518 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

Wookie - i am stating he has no ego, which is an attractive attribute for an NBL guard. He plays for the team, not himself.

and if you're referring to him having no reason to have an ego, plenty of division 4 district players in the mens comp dont have a reason to have an ego - yet do.

He is a quality player, averaging 24 points or more in SEABL in 2014 and around the same in PL last year. every time he came onto the court in for the sixers in past season, he contributed in fact in many instances scored with only 60 seconds of court time. He is good.

Reply #632521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Immense speed?? Surely you are taking the piss

Reply #632522 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Surprised we re-signed him to be honest let alone for 3 years. I don't want to put shit on an 11th man but everytime he stepped on the court he was just turnovers and missed 3's. You could clearly see the opposition guards going after him.

Reply #632531 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Smith's view...
"every time he came onto the court in for the sixers in past season, he contributed in fact in many instances scored with only 60 seconds of court time. He is good."

Zodiac's view...
"everytime he stepped on the court he was just turnovers and missed 3's."

Are there 2 Adam Doyles playing for Adelaide?

Reply #632533 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

zodiac, what the heck? turnovers and missed 3's?

please name the games you are pulling these random stats from?

are you confusing him with Nelson Larkins? for real....

Reply #632537 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

In 6.4 mpg he averaged 0.81 assists and 0.57 turnovers to go along with 0.19 steals. That doesn't sound like a turnover machine to me and I also ask what player was Zodiac watching?

To be fair to Zodiac he did only shoot 25% from 3, but on a small sample size of 4 from 16 which would heavily feel the effects of any last second heaves at the end of quarters.

Also not sure what the anon further above is questioning his foot speed. He is quick.

I'm a little surprised by the 3 year deal as well but if anyone deserves it, Doyley is the kind of guy who does. Has worked very hard to get where he is. Stuck in div 2 behind the group of Daly and Maynard at Sturt, moves to Forestville, works hard on his game but still doesn't make a state team, becomes a ABL championship point guard, makes the Sixers and then cops what could have been a career ending injury. Keeps at it and now has an NBL career. His work rate, likeability and smarts make him the perfect guy to have as a team's 11th man. Couldn't be happier for him.

Reply #632542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good kid, not sure three year deal was needed. Seems a bit long with so many great college kids coming through.

Reply #632543 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Three years ...WTF is happening in Adelaide?

Look I accept he's not a massive piece of the puzzle but again - would he not of signed for a club option? Any other NBL team likely to raid for a short limited mins point guard?

If you are thinking the 3 year deal is a good idea at least do it once you have your other roster pieces set.

Crazy stuff, which with the talent of some of the kids coming through commits the 6ers to losing a roster spot for no real reason.

Reply #632546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute joke. Hopefully the Sixers watch his effort in seabl tonight. Obviously he has something pretty big over the Sixers or joey. many better and others more deserving out there. only have to look at the opposition point guard in his seabl game tonight as a prime example.

Reply #632563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long term Doyle?

Reply #632565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a good Premier league player thats his ceiling now. Will be lucky to average 14ppg in the SEABL. Tonight's 1 for 10 is a prime example

Reply #632566 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This is a little odd. I don't really see clubs raiding for him.

Reply #632567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle also has a wicked crossover. Anyone guarding him needs to tape up their ankles real good or he'll break them.

Reply #632568 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

you kidding? The ones trashing this decision are probably also the ones who used to sit behind me in Sixers games in the 15/16 season and groan when Sobey came out on the court, groaning now fellas? In fact, I remember a dude having a whinge about sobey saying he was over rated right next to his woman who took him to town. Joey has vision and knows his shit with young guys. You think Doyle's got one over him? Are you high!!!!?

Doyle brings a lot to the group and the court. Everyone has off games, he doesn't have many. He's solid and a premier league ceiling? The guy dominated for Knox in SEABL a few seasons back and he's better now...

Reply #632583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible attempt at an April fools joke.

Reply #632584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Tom Daly's mates have got on here to trash Doyle I see.

Reply #632586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was not joking at all when I said Doyle has a wicked crossover. Smith is correct - Joey has a very shrewd eye for young talent and believe you me he has picked another winner here.

Reply #632612 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

Daly and Doyle are friends, so whatever - Daly wouldnt be sour at all.
Daly peaked at 18.
Doyle is not at his peak, it happens.

Reply #632690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to hear Daly and Doyle are mates. I wasn't have a go at Daly per se.

Daly is a fierce competitor and a hell of a player.

Reply #632698 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

He just didnt quite have the speed or level head of Doyle. Turned to water when he hit the court, didnt make an impact.

Reply #632699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't think his decision making was poor, I just don't think his game translate at his height. He's a score first point guard that likes to get to the rim and finish. With the bigger bodies at NBL level he wasn't as effective.

With Doyle, his number one asset of quickness still holds up at NBL level. He is quick in nearly all leagues he can play in. Combined with being good defensively and a pass first point he finds a role.

I hope Daly makes it back one day. His team-mate in Mt Gambier Erik Burdon got a second chance at 30, hopefully Daly gets the same chance.

Reply #632701 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

I dont think so with Daly, lacks something. Fitness is also shot also seems to be a bit of a princess ...

that's prob a bit harsh but my opinion.

Reply #632704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:59 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754