Fundingsland
Years ago

Sobey commits to 36ers for two years

re upped to the 36ers for 2 years

Topic #41137 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to have him back. Only 2 years would've loved for it to be 3 but take what we can get when it comes to stars. The 36ers must bring in quality imports now, to truly capitliase on the Aussie talent we have. If they get cute with projects etc it'll be disaster aka game 3 of the Hawks series when we could've used that 3rd import to be a game changer not a high school kid.

Reply #632633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #632634 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

sounds like perth offered sobey and adelaide offered webster..

Reply #632655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like nobody has a source.

Reply #632656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My mail is that NZ Breakers were keen on Sobey.

Reply #632667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any GM who didn't have a crack at Sobey is negligent IMO

Reply #632669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is just a rumor

Reply #632679 | Report this post

Fundingsland  
Years ago

Those asking for sources don't realise how this site works.

Reply #632681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's right, Funding Island heard from someone in the organisation that wasn't supposed to tell anyone. Now that he/she has 'announced' the 2 year signing, it will put them in jeopardy of getting more info in the future. I would like to know who released it though, as it's highly unprofessional.

Reply #632687 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Fundingsland has a history of being accurate.

Reply #632688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Fundingsland, keep up the good work. Weird criticism of having insider info and massive facepalm at not getting the nickname reference... "island".... rofl.

Reply #632691 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Great news. No word on Randle? Was hoping he may sign with an NBA clause in case his summer league shot comes off. 3 decent imports needed this season!

Reply #632693 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Fundingisland the hoops.com.au Woj?

Reply #632707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benno = skip bayless of hoops.com.au

Reply #632718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz = Steven A. Smith - based on a common level of utter annoyingness

Reply #632719 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hahaha Stephen A Smith is awful

Reply #632723 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Confirmed by Boti on twitter with article to follow

Reply #632727 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Announced officially. There is ya source!

Reply #632728 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"In fact Sobey, 26 and 191cm, is so committed to the club he has signed without insisting on any contract "out" clauses to the NBA or Europe."

Perth and Melbourne offered bigger money but Joey, unfinished business and Adelaide fans is what kept him here

Reply #632729 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Great news.

Reply #632730 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Somewhat good chance of Randle coming back too. Limoges on 3-game losing streak and he sounded a bit frustrated. Was talking about how he understands that he has to play under a 'system' as opposed to having a free rein under Joey. He must be yearning for that freedom.

Reply #632733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No outclase? This mans agent needs to be sacked yesterday.

Reply #632734 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

36ers gave him the opportunities to step up and he has shown some loyalty for that. I like it.

Reply #632735 | Report this post

smith  
Years ago

Agree - no outclause? for real? That's Country boy loyalty right there.
Isnt his agent Marquise?

Reply #632736 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

SteveK2. Agree on Randle and to a lessor extent Sobey. They are not at their best in a structured system,nor is Joey a great X's & O's guy. Randle and Joey suit each other to a tee.

Whether that translates into titles remains to be seen, but it is sure fun to watch.

As far as the no outclause it doesn't necessarily mean that the 6ers would stand in Sobeys way if he had a better offer OS. I would hope that his loyalty would be rewarded with a release if the right opportunity arose.

Reply #632737 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I agree FSTOS, I'm sure if Sobey gets some too good to refuse offer from the NBA or Europe the Sixers wouldn't hold him to his contract and would let him leave, just not to another NBL team.

Sensational news, btw

Reply #632739 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/unfinished-business-brings-sobey-back-adelaide/

Reply #632747 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Somewhat good chance of Randle coming back too. Limoges on 3-game losing streak and he sounded a bit frustrated. Was talking about how he understands that he has to play under a 'system' as opposed to having a free rein under Joey. He must be yearning for that freedom."

Can we get a source or link? Not doubting this but would like to see it.

Reply #632759 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Sure ME, it was an interview with Matthieu Marrot on sport section of Le Populaire. Obviously in French but you can use an online translator, maybe not perfect but you should understand it.

I think Isaac has privilege control on the ability to put up links or html codes. I got Error 5.029291 when I try to link it.

Try to search for: jerome-randle-reste-optimiste-avant-le-deplacement-du-limoges-csp-a-dijon.

Reply #632762 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You can post the URL, you just can't use the HTML code.

Reply #632763 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Tried to cut and paste the URL but I got Error 732.2391 kobe, pretty sure there's no angle brackets in the URL that may think I'm trying to use HTML code.

.html

Reply #632766 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah i think they would release him if he got a really good offer. To be honest I don't think contracts in this league really mean much. I just assume everyone is on a one year really. Only the coach contract is worth anything and thats because they have more stability so you would have to payout, also why i think 5 years was crazy.

Reply #632767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"His agent should be sacked" yeah, so it's clear you don't know the intricacies of the deal and you were also probably one of the people that said he wasn't good enough at the start of the season. Go and kick rocks pal.

Reply #632773 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Not sure what I'm more excited about - whether Sobey will improve further, or the fact he's still around for my FNBL keeper league.

Reply #632775 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

lol @ Pyro... And only Round 8 next season too... Even if he wasn't MIP, still a certain Keeper lock, especially when you look at who was drafted around him...

Reply #632780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey pal would be bloody disturbing if I had full disclosure of his deal... wouldn't it? But very odd a star of his nature and potential doesn't have a out clause. I wouldn't trust a gentlemans agreement if that's what they have. It's anbusoness, gonkick rocks if you can't understand my point to this.

Reply #632786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes things aren't as they seem anon, hence the call for a sacking is a cop out from a person who doesn't know how deals work. The rocks are yours to kick pal.

Reply #632791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad reply.

Reply #632798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Webster to Pertth... Phew...

Reply #632818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:36 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754