Mock
Years ago

Luke Kendall is new Sydney Kings assistant!

He's been promoted to the job.

Topic #41158 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

He was an assistant with the Kings last season?

Or at least used to sit on their bench wearing a Kings polo talking to Gaze/Copes/Vickerman during time outs.

Reply #633035 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

He was only a part-timer last year.

Reply #633038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good guy, good coach, congratulations.

Reply #633040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they've gone from Vickerman as their assitant to Kendall. What a gulf in experience... I mean daylight.

Reply #633046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was a cheap option and his role will not be more much than what it was last season.

I'm predicting another long season for Gaze/Tigers/Kings.

Reply #633067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds a perfect replacement, why pay top dollar for an assistant that Gaze can ignore when you can pay bottom dollar for someone that would have no shot to replace him if things go bad again. Smart move by Gaze. Could have hired a cardboard cutout for all the time Gaze must have ignored Vickerman last year.

Reply #633071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It shows how bad the Kings are getting. Kendal maybe a Kings person per se but there aren't many coaches about who will give praise as a player that they had to coach. One quote is "the most uncoachable player I have ever had"

Reply #633108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He retired super early too. No passion? Like Wortho and others only Goorjian could get the best out of these players.

Reply #633117 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

Only just picked up on this forum post while searching for something else ... uncoachable?? thats a odd statement he was plagued with knee issues which pretty much ended his chance of playing longer at the top level ... didn't he suit up for the Boomers??

Granted it was during the 'who cares' era of the NBL when the comp barely featured in the newspaper and only had 4 teams

Reply #674121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suspect the uncoachable comments cam from a non NBL format.

Reply #674197 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:17 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754