3 year deal

Topic #41180 | Report this topic

Smac  
Years ago

www.google.com.au/amp/s/coupler.foxsports.com.au

Reply #633407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing for United, what are the kings doing, looks like he followed Vickerman who would no his strengths. He's a natural three man and looks bigger than 6 ft 8. Very good rebounder and defender going by his seabl stats and can score.

Reply #633416 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Great signing... & I think he's 6'10".
Kings - fools.
Not too many other young Aussies with that size, athleticism & skill set going round.

Did anyone watch his MONSTER seabl near triple double game last week?

Kid. Can. Ball!

Reply #633417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was probably his draft height as 17/18 year old, could've easily grown two inches since then. Shane Heal in his commentary said he looked bigger than his supposed height.

Reply #633419 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Really dumb to let him walk. Not good signs so far from Sydney, losing Vickerman as assistant followed by the best young prospect on the roster.

Reply #633422 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

What's the big deal with this guy? He's 6'8 (was listed at 203cm before the season and even that at times seemed generous), can't dribble, can't shoot, is skinny and will be 23 before the season starts. Unless there's some sort of miraculous turn around, I doubt he'll ever be much more than an undersized, hustling big at NBL level.

Reply #633427 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yep not really a good thing if you look at it from a 'talent farming' perspective. I wonder if JVG feels its easier to buy rather than develop. 3 years mean Utd will take over his development.

I think Moller feels that realisticaly after adding Blanchfield, there wouldn't be much playing time left for him at his preferred 3 spot and probably more money with Utd too.

Reply #633431 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ twenty four; I'd tell you to go watch a couple of the late season games where he flashed some serious potential, but I'm sure there are better ways to spend a long weekend...

Reply #633432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously first question if Boone re-signing is good, now a question why Moller is a big deal. Do people actually watch NBL or just like asking stupid questions?

Reply #633433 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

https://youtu.be/DeJYr5CA6Vw

Watch the highlight reel. Seabl player of the week. He got very few chances to impress with the Kings, but Vickerman obviously sees his talent.

Was 2 assists off a triple double in this game & even though he was tall as, was the best ball handler in junior reps and played a lot of PG up to under 14s.

Reply #633434 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I really like Melbourne's roster for next season, with a great mix of established talent, youth (Adnam & Moller) plus size & rebounding potential - as we all know 80% of the shot attempts are gonna be coming from the backcourt.

Great roster management!

Reply #633435 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Air Delay, that clip doesn't change much for me. Shaky looking handle (bringing it up the floor, he looks like an 8 year old), horrible jumper that takes too long to leave his hands. Obviously pretty athletic and can play D, and he made a couple of nice plays, but then there was some pretty terrible defence allowing him to make them, as well.

(Side note: I've just realised that I'm pretty much describing Dante Exum's game, too. That is not a good thing.)

Reply #633449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
Not certain you've seen Moller play, check out the United site to get some Nbl highlights. At 22 lots of up side here, Kings must have something else planned.

Reply #633459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings plan:

Spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > ???????? > Title

Reply #633460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^
That worked well last season.

Reply #633461 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Not excited about this signing but at the same time don't see him playing major minutes so not too concerned.

Seems like Utd are still waiting on a legit PG though and I doubt Ware is going to return.

Reply #633468 | Report this post

Years ago

what a lackluster signing - how much do you reckon he got like 60,000 a year?

They're going to need much more to look anywhere near decent.

and yeah that's the Kings plan and it worked tremendously last year! They moved up one ladder spot and spent probably 2.5 million.

Reply #633470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He played under Vickerman last season, don't think they would of signed him if they didn't think he was any good.

Reply #633471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Solid 11th man

Reply #633481 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Good chance of being more than 11th man, he could be your main SF backup. Couldn't recall if it was Vickerman or Crivelli that said they're targeting an import starting SF, probably why Blanchfield took off.

If the rumour about Dillon joining is true then you only have 3 roster spots left. You still need an import starting PG, the starting import SF and one more signing, which is rumoured to be Khazzouh. Maybe that's what entice him the most to switch, playing time at 3.

Reply #633485 | Report this post

Years ago

Melbourne will bring in Childress, hear me now that's who they're after...

Reply #633486 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

So UTD will look like-

1. Gun Import
2. CG43
3. 3rd Import
4. Anderson
5. Majok
6. Boone (at centre)
7. Adnam (back up PG)
8. Moller (back up 3)
9. Wesley (back up 4)

*Not necessarily in that order.

Who else? Khazzouh & Tomlinson?

Pretty balanced line up!!!!

Reply #633487 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well the rumour was Daniel Dillon coming back. Combo guard to backup Goulding probably.

Reply #633489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damm 8. What u smoking man. I want some. Seriously you are on drugs.

Reply #633493 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

8 has been smoking dog turds

Reply #633494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell me more about smoking dog turd - specifically the taste, the smell and the texture. Oh and is it rolled and if so with what? I'm intrigued at this new alternative to marijuana and tobacco.

Reply #633500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shooter McGavin eats them for breakfast.

Reply #633504 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

lol

Quality banter.

Nice to see United being aggressive.
Should be an interesting season.

Reply #633511 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

On one hand Blanchfield for Moller is a loss for United, I still really like this signing but with hearing about Khazzouh joining United all I can think is that United have someone in Tai Wesley that's nearly impossible to stop down low and yet won't see the court time he deserves to go to work!

United are stacked and I wouldn't hate seeing Childress play for United, he'd be awesome and then get injured and be replaced after Christmas... if Childress only got a 3 month stint at United then would that be really that bad ? You just know they are gonna upgrade with a new import anyone (as long as that Kromah or whatever his name is doesn't return). Moller and other swingmem for United will benefit from Josh's experience.

If the rosters suggested above are what we have to expect from the other teams then this will be an even better season with really good players struggling to even get court time

Reply #633604 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Wesley doesn't get more minutes because unfortunately for about half the game the other team gets the ball too.

Reply #633610 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

IMO, Wesley didn't deliver anywhere near enough in his limited chances under DD. His post moves are nice but he rarely converted them. His outside shot is ordinary at best and he seemed to take far too many of them.

Bench player.

Reply #633612 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I like this signing. I think Melbourne needed more players who can & will contribute without the ball in their hands, and Moller definitely fits that description.

Reply #633616 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Agreed on Wesley. Shoots too many 3s & should focus oh his strengths on the blocks.

Reply #633631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/melbourne-united-recruit-craig-moller-can-be-an-olympian-says-andrew-gaze/news-story/df25a4dde8c9459bcd3be1b777193069

Looks like they were sorry to lose him, jvg doing some of his best work.

Reply #633852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seabl player of the month, Vickerman knows what he's doing.

Reply #634967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see how United go considering they will finally have a real coach ☺

Reply #634987 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754