Spot Up
Years ago

Cambage to join Boomers

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/opals-star-liz-cambage-to-make-wnbl-return-signs-with-melbourne-boomers/news-story/3e0a15d0437feb1530be5ad3fd778f82

Hope it goes well. I'm not as across music festival schedules as I used to be, but hopefully she can stay focused.

Topic #41227 | Report this topic

?  
Years ago

hope Liz also decides to head back to the WNBA as well at some stage.

Re WNBL - what sort of talls will be around to counter Liz ?

Suzy B, Scherf, Tolo ? others......

Reply #634385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tolo won't be here

Reply #634386 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Good luck with that signing .....lol

Reply #634399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good luck every other team in the league trying to stop her from going 30 & 10 .....lol

Reply #634400 | Report this post

Spot Up  
Years ago

If she's committed then she obviously should dominate. She's only 25, hopefully has grown up a bit and realised that she doesn't really have that long to make the most of her career as a player.

I say hopefully, because I'm a basketball fan and want to see her play. If she doesn't want to play then that's her choice..

Reply #634402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Liz play defence

Reply #634444 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So big , so strong , tooo good ....

Reply #634462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ CAMBAGE IN DA HOUSE!!

Reply #634474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so far...

PG: Smart/Conti
SG: Garrick
SF: O'Hea
PF: TBA
DJ: Cambage

Reply #634479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus Cole

Reply #634480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Liz play defence

only if its on a turntable

Reply #634481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5'10 Cole/5'5 Conti
5'10 Garrick/5'9 Smart/?
6'1 Ohea/6'0 Ott/?
.?/?
6'8 Cambage/?

Mijovic would be a nice fit at pf.

Reply #634483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coming back maybe?

Bishop
Seekamp
Kunek
Tomlinson
George
Madgen
Talbot
Bunton
Ebzery
Hurst
Allen
Mitchell
Sheedy

Reply #634484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the players listed by #634479 are in the latest promo pics.

Reply #634485 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Allen has signed with Lyon next season(where Kunek is currently) though I assume it is on the proviso they don't get relegated - which is a very real possibility still with 2 play down games to go.

Madgen's done her ACL a few weeks ago so definitely count her out unfortunately.

Also according to Boti http://www.botinagy.com/blog/cruisy-suzy-stays-put/ he believes Bishop, George and Talbot will be going around in 17/18 in Europe. Also he has here http://www.botinagy.com/blog/sydneys-good-news-bad-news/ that Leilani will be heading to Europe for 17/18 too.

Tomlinson is supposedly heading to the boomers as well.

Reply #634493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the wages like in the mid level leagues of Europe?

Reply #634495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously a lot better than they are in the WNBL for most teams unless it seems your the cashed up Boomers ( hard to believe they were broke only one year ago) Lynx who run off their men's program and now it seems Lightening too

Funny how everyone bagged the crap out of Mark Wright and his pal Jayco for 'buying' a championship team especially when they recruited Cambage who didn't even make the start of the season from memory she didn't even bother going to training.
Yet Boomers are sucking up the praise for now doing exactly the same
Little reminder for folks here , Wright never did get that championship

Reply #634497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright was too soft... big lol at a player not attending training. WNBL needs to come out of its amateur mentality.

Reply #634498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She was injured before the season started. How did she get injured?? In training

Reply #634502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

think she got injured during the opals campaign from memory

Reply #634504 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, it was on the even of the 2014 worlds, right? Gabe Richards was the late replacement for her in that team.

Madgen did her ACL? I didn't hear about that one. That's terrible :(

Reply #634509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a full time player or just when she feels like it?

Reply #634515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She will be a full time player-when-she-feels-like-it.

Reply #634516 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Gee people love to bag someone so easily. It is widely known that she suffered from depression, which halts even the strongest of people.

I hope she does well.

Reply #634520 | Report this post

Melb Fan  
Years ago

Liz did her achilles which is what the above posts are referring to during a 2014 pre-world championships practice game - hence ruling her out of both the worlds campaign and the 14/15 WNBL season where she'd signed with Dandenong. We've got to remember these players are real people too and good on her for having other interests outside her basketball, after all her basketball career isn't going to last forever. I mean I don't necessarily agree with everything she's done, but it is her life in the end so what's it to us.

Yeah I agree, very very unfortunate for Madgen because she was playing very well over in Poland - she did it about a month back during their playoffs which I'd assume rules her out for all of the 17/18 season given it will end in Jan. Most of the coverage on it was in Polish though so that's probably why not many people know. I only found out after translating it - but I did see it mentioned in one of Boti's pieces recently.

Reply #634521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never knew she had depression. I retract, hopefully she can actually be a full time player! Depression is a terrible beast of a thing.

Reply #634527 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Cambage had depression? Then why is she so shit to people then knowing what it's like. Odd

Reply #634581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is terminal laziness a form of depression?

Reply #634583 | Report this post

Hespect  
Years ago

1 in 10 Americans are on some form of anti depression medication.

People throw around the word depression too much.

Having lived with someone that has been suffering from anxiety and depression for the past several years, I can confirm that it is not a joke.

Although some people claim depression and romanticise it because they want to be special snowflakes or have short term unhappiness due to making bad decisions, often with drugs or alcohol.

Reply #634584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is terminal laziness a form of depression?"

Actually yes. Laziness breeds depression.

Reply #634585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754