Isaac
Years ago

Funny Woodville Reunion: 25 Years

Join with past and present players, coaches, managers, parents, volunteers and administrators to celebrate 25 years of The Woodville District Basketball Club

Woodville was started to give all players in the western suburbs of Adelaide a District Club to play for. A club that would be accepting of all people, regardless of wealth, education, race or ability. We can gauge our success, not just on the premierships won or the SASI, AIS, State or NBL players and coaches the club has produced, but that 25 years on we are still a club that is open and accepting of all.

Join us and meet old teammates and friends; the people who started the Club; the ones who have nurtured it through the years and the ones who now have the task of building our next 25 years. The three faces emblem is in keeping with the family theme, representing men's, women's and junior teams.

Venue: Distinctive Homes Dome Apollo Restaurant
Date: Saturday November 12, 2005
Time: 7.00 for 7.30pm
Cost: $20.00 per person (includes finger food)
Reasonably priced drinks will be
available at the bar

Presentations will include:
- Best Ever Junior Female Player
- Best Ever Junior Male Player
- Women's All Star Team
- Men's All Star Team
- Video messages from members who
cannot attend.
- "Warriors' Pride" Launch - A pictorial and written history of the first 25 years of the Club

You'll need to get in touch with the club before October 22 to book your place: Phone 8268 9450, Fax 8445 2133 or email [email protected].

Topic #4128 | Report this topic

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

thanks Isaac

Reply #47962 | Report this post

lyn wieland  
Years ago

I am after photos of players past and present especially from the last ten years.

if you have played or are playing for woodville and want your photo on the cover of the book - please drop a photo off to the office or email on (Mod: Since removed.)

Reply #51253 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

ok fine lyn.can me picture be front and centre?

Reply #51255 | Report this post

lyn wieland  
Years ago

sure cheezeburger what bout fries on the side?

Reply #51265 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Lyn, 62 pictures of various Woodville folk are on their way to you. I hope and pray that you've got broadband!

Reply #51295 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

..... and I'm not kidding about broadband. I have broadband access, and it took my PC about 40 minutes to send the message! It's around the 20mb mark. Sorry, but if I shrunk the pictures any further (I did reduce them already), the quality would be too low. ;-)

PS. If you only have dial-up, please post a message here and we'll find another way to get the photos to ya.

Reply #51297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have broadband thanks

Reply #51311 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

and i know mt gambier is a long way away but they haven't got here yet

Reply #51313 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Correction - 6.34mb. The 20mb was taking forever to send so I reduced a few pics.

Reply #51315 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And ye shall know the location of Lyn by the plume of smoke from her computer aflame.

Reply #51317 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Hey, not funny Isaac. The 20mb (it may have been closer to 40!) had gone for over 2½ hours on full broadband (I'm not sure of the exact speed) ..... and it was still going ..... oi! Don't worry about her PC. Worry about mine!

Reply #51318 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

oh no not the computer anything but take my computer away from me

Reply #51320 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

they are here!! thanks moses

Reply #51325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't forget to put this date in your diary it should be a great night

Reply #54205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville are celebrating twenty five years as a club 1980-2005
It is open to anyone who has been involved with Woodville during that period.
$20.00 a ticket, we have deliberately kept prices low. Woodville has always been mindful of the high cost of basketball.
Child minding should not be a problem we are offering a creche for a nominal fee for the 0-6 year olds and a disco again for a small fee for the 7-15 year olds.

Come and join us in the Apollo Resturant 12 November 2005 at 7pm.

Presentations will include the best junior boy and girl, all star teams men and women and the 2005 Men's Champions will also be in attendance.

Our book "Warriors' Pride" will be available on the night for $20.00

We are expecting over 300 people from around the state and Australia, come and join old friends celebrate our 25th birthday.

Reply #55173 | Report this post

Art Vandelay  
Years ago

"Child minding should not be a problem we are offering a creche for a nominal fee for the 0-6 year olds and a disco again for a small fee for the 7-15 year olds"

It certainly shouldnt be a problem. Some would argue that the Woodville junior program doesnt offer much more then a 'child minding' service...

Reply #55191 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

gee Art

thanks for your input

I would think that Cameron Wilson, Zane Reeves, Darren, Ashley, Marcus Ng and many more I could name would disagree with you.

but you are entitled to your snipe

Reply #55205 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

Tonights the night!

300 people, some have travelled from far nth queensland some from Perth.

It will be a great night hope you have organised to be there.

Reply #58629 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

All the best Lyn. Look forward to hearing some of the tales. Send us a copy of the book!

Reply #58632 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

are booking essential. i only remembered today that it was on, and i would love to go. was just going to role up.

Reply #58651 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

dont worry found the awnser to my own question

Reply #58653 | Report this post

sandy  
Years ago

Lynn how about posting the award winners in each of the catagories listed above.I had to work last night and wasnt able to get there

Reply #58689 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

Ok just got home - it was a great night.

Kendi Whitmore did a fanastic job with the catering.

We had a number of U16 players who helped on the night and their help was greatly appreciated.

Best Junior Girl 1980-2005 Faith Price
Best Junior Boy 1980-2005 Tim Brenton
Allstar Women 1980-2005
Kay Flynn Captain
Tam Haase Vice Captain
Sue Bruce
Jodie Barratt
Faith Price
Carolyn Watts
Annie Storoschuk
Leeanne Grantham
Christie Marrett
Soyna Cudmore
Trudi Hopgood
Merryn Jenkinson
Coach Bob Hunnerup
Asst Coach Lynne Holland
Manager Robyn Elgood
Asst Manager Lyn Brenton

All Star Men 1980-2005
Craig Gilbert Capt
Scott Whitmore Vice Capt
Reggie Vandenbergh
Tim Brenton
Kelvin Henderson
Paul Rigoni
Dave Smyth
Darren Ng
Donnie Gipson
Jason Bray
Ricky Simpson
Ray De Wit
Coach Ricky Simpson
Asst Steve Holder
Manager Alan Staunton
Asst Darryl Mitchell

Volunteer Award 1980-2005 Helen Gleeson.

Vera Craig's choice as the "Face of Woodville" was Cameron Wilson

the "Face of Woodville" Scott Whitmore

Plus there were awards presented to the current 2005 Men's Champsionship team.

Also awards to the first committees' the pilot committee who started the club and the first players to ever play for WDBC back in 1980.

Also awards for the first District Teams in 1982.

The Book "Warriors' Pride" was well received and is now on sale thru the Club office for $20.00 and it will be on sale thru the canteen.

Anyone who missed the event missed a magical night.

Reply #58695 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thanks go out to the people who organised the event.The Book "Warriors' Pride" is a very interesting read especially in the early days of the forming of woodville.

just a question to maybe lyn wieland or Barb.on the woodville warrior logo is the warrior meant to be Mr.Gould????

Reply #58734 | Report this post

Lyn Wieland  
Years ago

i believe the logo is an adapation of the old warriors head, the one where it had a helmut and he had a long moustache.

this logo or the current logo is a warrior standing on his shield

and to my knowledge any resemblence to David Gould was/is purely unintentional.

Reply #58735 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

i was just curiuos.

Reply #58828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:58 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754