Midrange
Years ago

Jaron Johnson returned a positive drug test.

Maybe this is why he was cut and added and cut again....

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/statement-jaron-johnson/

Topic #41294 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

When I said there would be a press release regarding this, I didn't think it would take this long!

Reply #635928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...and to those sledging the wildcats organization regarding the second sacking of Jaron, I guess you can now eat your words!

Reply #635929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why did it take so long for the test to come back? Or did the wildcats act slowly? because he last played december 22 but that article states he tested positive in november and they played november 13

Reply #635931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most or many people have done canabis, correct KR?

Reply #635933 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I thought the rules for cannabis had been relaxed a fair bit now?

Reply #635934 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Relaxed for America, not here where it is still illegal beside medical in Victoria.

Reply #635936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You can see the original speculation and rumours here when he was released. As I said at the time, Perth *and* the NBL would've had their reasons to keep it quiet.

Almost everything leaks, but not everything makes it to Hoops (e.g., the reason Marvin left Perth) or convinces everyone (that Johnson thread).

Reply #635939 | Report this post

BallBag  
Years ago

Has the reason for Marvins departure reached Hoops?

Reply #635942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well let's have the reason reach Hoops now.

Reply #635944 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

not everything makes it to Hoops (e.g., the reason Marvin left Perth)
Are you implying there's more to the story than has been said publicly?

Reply #635946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Id say he is koberulz.... id say he is.

Reply #635948 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

What a tease. Implying there is more to the Marvin departure, but not saying anything. How archaic, this is the tell all ask questions later era. Frankly the truth is not even that important, just the juice.

Reply #635949 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Re the question of why it took so long for a result to come back - this happens.

It doesn't invalidate a test result unless there is a significant departure from the International Standards for Laboratories established by WADA.

BY way of very recent example, I got a result on Friday from a lab for a sample collected and sent for testing in March. It came back Atypical, meaning that the substance occurs naturally in the body and the lab couldn't determine whether it was produced naturally or injected/ingested in any way.

It took such a long time because the lab did multiple tests over a sustained period to make sure there was no error.

Reply #635951 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

another reason he should have originally signed with Cairns, we have some of the lowest priced prohibited substances in the Commonwealth.

Reply #635998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it wasn't just his waistband that was high all the time?

Reply #635999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally explains things a bit. I was always sceptical and not really believing any 'conspiracies' until hearing something official and some facts, until then it was all just rumours to me.

Funny thing is, that little bit of weed probably won us the championship after making the Wildcats sack him leading to the signing of Cotton.

Pretty stupid for him to do, but not the worst thing. Hopefully learns from the suspension and he is able to get his career back on track where ever in the world he ends up playing. I did like him and he seemed like he had potential, but he just wasn't a fit for the Wildcats.

Reply #636002 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

King lodge, cairns has some of the hightest prices for cannabis though lol

Reply #636004 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

OK...so the Wildcats got rid of JJ because of weed and have now recruited Corey Webster?

Reply #636009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ lol, pretty much

Reply #636015 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

Seems latley that WA teams and drugs go hand in hand

Reply #636052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lately? they always have

Reply #636057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back to reason Marvin left please Isaac?

Reply #636058 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:32 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754