Anonymous
Years ago

NBL signings

NBL signings have been quiet of late. What deals are pending? Who may sign or switch teams? What college kids, other than Dane Pineau will get a deal this year?

Who will end up overseas instead of NBL?

Topic #41299 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Can't remember a more boring off-season.

Reply #636003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, snooze fest. ZzzzzZZzzz

Reply #636008 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Ummm this is normal.

There is sporadic news about now with a bigger flurry to signings closer to the pre-season.

Not sure why you guys this is is especially boring.

Reply #636010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I have to give you credit Lovebroker. You tried to argue the law against a lawyer. That kept us entertained for a few minutes.

Reply #636017 | Report this post

Masturbatory Heroes coming to the rescue.

Reply #636025 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Agreed!

Reply #636042 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

No rumours or anything though Lovebroker. Usually you get a few weekly. Even if just for the fun of it.

Teams are turning their attention to imports now. You'd think Adelaide would still be miles off announcing them.

Reply #636068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we won't see much until after the NBA summer league

Reply #636087 | Report this post

Midrange  
Years ago

Yeah I agree with anon all the action hits after summer league. All the imports will be trying for NBA before settling for NBL.

And most teams are pretty much set for their locals.

Reply #636119 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think the last couple of seasons the FA was delayed significantly as well, so we had to wait longer for any news so the off season didn't seem quite as long, but with no delays this season, a few quick signings and then it's the long wait for the Summer League... sigh...

Reply #636120 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe the extra import spot means slightly fewer deals done earlier in the off-season?

Reply #636123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where will Coenraad end up? I hear he may depart?

Reply #636173 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

@Isaac, I'm sure you're right. It's not only the extra import spot that will make a difference, it's the extra roster spot on NBA teams. Think you're going to get a Cotton, Ware, or Prather type signed before the NBA rosters are finalised? Not without an easy NAB out clause, and they're going to want to be flying their colours high, right where the coaches and GMs can see 'em, in the States.

I'm amazed the Taipans were able to re-sign Egwu so early (that's sardonic humur, folks, in case you missed it.)

Anon, I think Coenraad will most likely end up back at the 'Gong, unless Bevo has a College grad lined up. He won't start anywhere (except maybe Cairns), so he would be best placed to stay where he is, I think. He's still a valuable contributor (witness the finals last season) so he won't disappear. He turns 32 in a few weeks, so he's not too old to go around again for a couple more seasons.

Reply #636181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coenraad will most likely not sign, is my understanding. If so, what are their replacement options in that spot?

Reply #636440 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

AFAIK Tim and his wife Nelly have a nice pet-care business set up in Wollongong? I'd thought he would have added incentive to stay with the Hawks.

Reply #636537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not if they low balled him. And when I say Low ball, I mean min wage.

Reply #636548 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

^ Anon, put up or shut up. Who are you and who told you Coenraad was offered minimum wage?

Reply #636598 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't know what money Coenraad was on but I certainly noticed last off-season every Aussie other than he and Forman got multi-year deals. Forman you could understand due to age but Coenraad is decent. He was only re-signed late in the offseason too from memory.

Reply #636599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754