Aussie
Years ago

Isaac Humphries works out with Bucks, Nuggets

Unlikely to get drafted (but it's possible) but what a great experience for this very talented 7 foot 19 year old Australian

Topic #41317 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordan Vandenburg also had try outs and got a contract if my memory serves me, got waivered after 48 hours.

Reply #636509 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Deng Adel has had a large number of workouts.

Mangok Mathiang has been working out too.

Reply #636519 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I honestly dont see why he doesnt come play 1 year pro in Aus and boost his stock and try again in next years draft?

Reply #636524 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

He still could, couldn't he, Benno? If he doesn't get the obvious interest, go overseas like Jonah Bolden did (same agent as well) and then go in next year, or is he locked in now in some other way?

Reply #636532 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

June 12 is the deadline for him to withdraw, so 20 days from now. I hope he seriously think about withdrawing and re-enter in the near future. His stock seems to have fallen from mock drafts.

Draft Express which had him listed highest at 46 IIRC, right behind Bolden at 45, has now listed him dead last at 100 in their top 100. It is his decision to make, if he wishes to gamble. I wish him the best of luck but I hope he wasn't listening to the wrong people.

Reply #636534 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Thanks for the clear up fellas! Yes SteveK2 good quote here from Givony the owner of draftexpress

"If you're not invited to the Combine, it’s not a good sign for you," said DraftExpress analyst Jonathan Givony. “It means you’re not in the top 75 on most teams’ boards, and there’s only 60 (draft picks). Has it happened before that a guy that was not invited to the Combine got drafted? Yeah, it’s happened. Has it happened very frequently? No.

“But I’m almost certain that when he signed with an agent and left Kentucky, he could not have thought he was getting drafted, based on what he had shown NBA teams.”

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-men/article150985037.html#storylink=cpy

Reply #636535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to McDowell white going in the draft?

Looks like only bolden will make it into the NBA.
Nbl players unlikely along with humphries, adel, mathiang etc

Reply #636536 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Ah thanks for the link Benno, much appreciated. I saw the mock draft board for Draft Express but didn't have a clue as to why his stock dropped so fast and so low!

He is so young and has so much potential. If he has the right attitude and work ethics, all he'd need would be the right mentor and environment to showcase his improvements. IMHO he has enough size that wherever he'd end up playing, he'll attract enough attention if he warrants it.

Europe has been touted as having more NBA scouting exposure and more suitable game for bigs, but it has the pitfall of getting very few minutes for young, inexperienced player. It would be Kentucky all over again, or even worse. Sure he could play in a B-grade eastern Euro league where he could get starter minutes but would the competition give him enough challenge as it would back home? Would he get the right tutelage or get confused trying to learn through an interpreter?

Reply #636538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754