Anonymous
Years ago

Pigs against Crocs tickets $5

http://www.nsba.com.au/documents/RAB_DL_Flyer.pdf

well west sydney have $5 tickets for the game against the townsville crocs. good deal!

Topic #4132 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Good deal, but how mcuh will it cost to get there.

Reply #47983 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A good point!

Article in The Advertiser about Adelaide United today. 6000 season ticket holders and 3000 match-day tickets already bought.

Hit the Venuetix site and no mention of Sixers on the front page. Go to "Sporting events" and there's hockey, soccer and netball.

For those looking to buy tickets for the basketball, you need to choose "All Events", and then choose from a non-date-ordered list to find the game you want (retarded!). Here's a hint, watch the link in your browser status bar and choose the event with the lowest itemid. This is the one you want. Sixers site should be linking directly to that for this week instead of still showing season ticket promos in the site header.

Reply #48015 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

As much as i dont personally like soccer ... u have to take ur hat off to them .. they have advertised there new A - League quite well .. The nbl really needs to step it up in this area... The nbl has the product and the quality of basketball ... they just need to sell it to the public through advertising

and maybe a 5 dollar sixers game couldnt hurt ... it probally get an extra 500 - 1000 through the door which cant be a bad thing for basketball

Reply #48046 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Adelaide has a large ethnic population that follows the soccer, particularly Italians and Greeks. It is the equivalent to Aussie Rules Football for them. It will always get a good following. For me, soccer does absolutely nothing. I find it one of the most boring games to watch but not everyone thinks the same. I don't think advertising well is going to solve the problem for basketball, its more a case of trying to make a culture change. Not many people understand the rules of basketball and for that reason cannot get enjoyment out of it. One of the things that comes with Australia being a multi cutural country, is that you have to share its audience with many other sports, particularly the ones that are common to the countries that people come from. I doubt its a way of advertising that is successful for Adelaide United, its just that it already has the soccer fan base here in Adelaide.

Reply #48197 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754