Anonymous
Years ago

Paul George informs Pacers he will leave in 2018

George will leave at the expiry of his current contract, and stated his preference is to go to his hometown Lakers.

Pacers now working the phones to get the best value via a trade. What seems likely?

It really only makes sense for either Cleveland or the Lakers to come to the party here. Cleveland is in all-in mode and have a flight risk themselves with LeBron being a free agent in 2018. There are strong whispers LeBron is interested in moving to LA after his current contract - I wouldn't be surprised if he (or his people) have let George know about this.

Still, Cleveland might try and pry George and make a championship run to change everyone's mind.

The Lakers only incentive to deal now is to avoid the above scenario and a change of heart from PG.

Topic #41411 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Why would LeBron go to LA?

Reply #638085 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Los Angeles would provide a lot more external business opportunities for a guy like LeBron coming towards the end of his career.

Reply #638086 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I imagine he has enough presence to do that from Cleveland?

Reply #638088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like the spin lebron has already started on is his wide wants to be set out of LA permanently. Use the wife as the scape goat. But it would be the most Clipper thing to do, signing an ageing lebron, as i just read and had a chuckle over.

Reply #638097 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I can see it happening Isaac. Apart from the fact the Lakers would throw a buttload of cash at him, there are all the other moneymaking options LA has to offer. The Lakers are also assembling a reasonably talented young group. I can see the massive ego stroke for the superstar in his declining years coming in and "rescuing" the storied and once supreme Lakers franchise and returning them to glory.
There's a freakin movie right there

Reply #638103 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Correct Issac in that LBJ wouldn't be short of a quid if he stayed in Ohio. Logistically though, it makes more sense to be in LA or even San Francisco near silicon valley. Apparently that's a huge reason that Iguodala stayed at GSW with it's proximity to the tech capital of the world. Plus, who wouldn't want to live in Southern California!

Reply #638106 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

LeBron has not made it a secret that he wants a second career in Hollywood. He even mentions it in yesterday's Road Trippin' podcast (which is great).

Reply #638108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like carmelo, Westbrook, love in previous years lebron to lakers is b.s.

He was part of getting the new super max into the cba

He didn't do that to not cash in on it

The only way he cashes in is by staying in Cleveland ( same goes for cp3 and the clippers)

Lebron business ventures do just as well with him in Cleveland

Its just the ususl b.s lakers hype that has no substance

Reply #638124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He can move there when he changes career. I don't think a player at that elite tier has to worry about personal brand and opportunities. I expect he'll be seeing out his career with the Cavs.

Edit: Wait, just read about the Cavs dumping their GM and assistant abruptly...

Reply #638134 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I don't care for his attitude frankly. I would be BOOING this spoiled individual very loudly if he had the nerve to bring this ungrateful rot to my team.

Reply #638141 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More fun today: talk of Butler to the Cavs or Celtics, Knicks not ruling out trading Porzingis, LAC offering DAJ to Phoenix, etc.

Reply #638146 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^^ Porzingis have too many squares and circles in his home or something?

Reply #638179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Jackson moves Zing I'm gonnne. 23 years a Knick fan and over it with Jackson at the wheel.

Reply #638201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron has home in LA and would probably want to play and win a championship there. Has salvaged his reputation somewhat after the "decision" by bringing championship to hometown, so going to storied franchise like Lakers and trying to win there would be challenging, but imo would damage his legacy even more. Even if George joins him, winning in west is way, way more difficult. At least his finals record wouldn't be dented if he doesn't even make it there.
If anywhere, would like to see him at Knicks which was a big chance originally years back. If he could bring championship there he really would be the chosen one.
But back to PG, good on him for informing pacers, but now his value has plummeted, who wants to rent him for a year and why would Lakers trade for him if they can sign him without giving up assets.

Reply #638210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way LeBron goes west. Only east.

PG hasn't been the same since the accident.

Reply #638216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Since he missed most of 2014-15, he's had career-best scoring seasons back to back. Season just been he was career-best 23.7 PPG, career-best FG%, career best 3P% (ignoring the 6-game season), career-best FT%.

Reply #638224 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Since he missed most of 2014-15, he's had career-best scoring seasons back to back. Season just been he was career-best 23.7 PPG, career-best FG%, career best 3P% (ignoring the 6-game season), career-best FT%.

Reply #638225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok Isaac.

I guess it's not him but the Pacers not being as good around him as they were before his accident.

Reply #638229 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't worry, I had to look up and check. I remembered him coming back strongly but obviously the Pacers dropped away since the time that Hibbert was viewed as a great option and Lance was at his best.

I'm mostly surprised at the ideas of LeBron playing with PG or Butler as I would've viewed them as having some similarities at least. Not complete overlap, but some at least.

Reply #638243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754