Dione86
Years ago

Penny Taylor to coach in WNBL?

What would it take to get one of the WNBL teams to get ex players like Penny Taylor and Lauren Jackson etc into head coaching rolls in the WNBL?
PT is obviously wanting to get into coaching and is a player development coach who next year wont have her wife playing in Russia any more and will be wanting to visit family so what chances are their of Dandenong going after her in this capacity.
Both players would have some good contacts in the WNBA to maybe bring some lower signing stars down under.

Topic #41435 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They want $. WNBL hardly any. /thread

Reply #638330 | Report this post

Dione86  
Years ago

Yes i agree but best chance of appealing to the dollars is to get bigger names involved like these two. Appeal to the fact there are other things they want out of it ie taylor spending time at home something she hasnt had much of a chance to do and especially not with her wife. PT wanting to go into coaching should be able to walk in and coach any WNBL team not something she would get just anywhere so good career move.
with the WNBL back on the TV this year it is something i think this league needs to look at going after these people hard. I would add Tully to that list too but she has children in school now in the US so not as easy.

Reply #638331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LJ is already working at Melbourne Boomers so I don't think it's that ridiculous

Reply #638334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please anything to get rid of Molloy

Reply #638346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come there is so much disdain for Molloy here? I've met him a couple of times, seemed fine.

Reply #638349 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

LJ has been quite vocal about her lack of coaching ambitions & her preference to pursue a front office career. Jog on!

Reply #638350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has been a NBL/WNBL for decades somehow without any success? Probably why.

Reply #638351 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'd be surprised if Penny was interested in coaching this coming season even if some dollars were thrown her way (because I would guess that she'd be hanging out with her wife for at least part of the Russian season)

Reply #638354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In my opinion Molloy is a fraud, based on my dealings with the man.

Reply #638357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elaborate please.

I've noticed he is good at getting hired with no titles I have to admit. Must be good at job intereviews.

Reply #638358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its easy to bash molloy anonymously. Please share why you think he is a fraud.

Reply #638382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the above post. I suspect it is just the same disgruntled person who keeps up and bagging Molloy and won't say why/

Reply #638396 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754