annon
Years ago

State side beaten by Dandenong

How exciting Bulleen was beaten by Dandenong on Friday. Given that the state coach is also the Bulleen coach and chose 7 players from her own team to represent the state it doesn't say much about her selection. Congratulations to the coach of Dandenong who must have out coached Bulleen given they only have two emergency players in that team. Dandenong won by a massive 18 points, surely that can't be right? Bring on the rest of the season!!

Topic #41438 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like team has been changed. Injury perhaps.

http://basketballvictoria.com.au/2017-victoria-metropolitan-victoria-country-16-teams-announced/

UNDER 16 VICTORIA METROPOLITAN GIRLS TEAM

PLAYER - ASSOCIATION

Georgia Baldwin – Knox

Emily Sewell – Dandenong

Zoe Jenkins – Knox

Ally Keating – Bulleen

Sascha Korakis – Bulleen

Gemma Potter – Bulleen

Erin Riley – Bulleen

Chelsea Suemai – Bulleen

Casey Valenti-Paea – Diamond Valley

Courtney Willemse – Diamond Valley

EMERGENCIES

Leia Hanafin – Dandenong

Kristina Saaga – Diamond Valley

Olivia Tsantarlis – Bulleen

Paige Price – Knox

Evans from Knox is out.
Sewell from Dandenong takes her place.
Price becomes emergency.

Reply #638415 | Report this post

Martha  
Years ago

Do you know if Friday nights results is accurate? It would be embarrassing for the state coach if it is. I wonder what Dandenong did to beat what should be an unbeatable team (on paper)? Maybe the result is around the wrong way?

Reply #638416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an undersized team that will likely win the ajc regardless of the vjbl results.
2 of the likely starters don't play for Bulleen.

Reply #638420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only team that can really challenge is super sized sa metro.

Reply #638421 | Report this post

Martha  
Years ago

Love to know if the result is right. Dandenong is only sitting 6th on the VC ladder. Imagine how strong the state side could be if they had taken the 2 best players in each position. Given that Bulleen has 6 players there you have to assume that they have at least 3 of the positions covered. So I guess from annon's comments they don't have any talls.

Reply #638423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1 tall replaced by another.

Doesn't really matter anyway, very little size throughout the teams this year apart from sa m who have a couple of girls over 6'4.

Reply #638428 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

The result is right, maybe dandy players who missed had something to prove to the opposition coach. As everyone has been saying stop the two stars scoring and it will unravel. Looking at stats they hardly scored

Reply #638433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for them!
Are the kids who missed out as upset as their parents??!

Reply #638437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be another good squad next year for vic metro.

Any bottom agers amongst this group?

Reply #638438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic country have a few bottom agers which is rare.

Reply #638439 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Their form wasn't great they only just beat Geelong the week before who are below Dandenong

Reply #638440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was Evans a big loss to vic metro?

Reply #638441 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

one parent with an axe to grind driving their own agenda with multiple posts..

Reply #638446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Standard behaviour on here. It's parentville on this site.

Reply #638450 | Report this post

bigballer  
Years ago

Standard behaviour by the usual grumps crying "oh no the parents posted a topic again, and have an opinion" don't read the post if it isn't what you are intested in. Problem solved.

Reply #638452 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

one parent with an axe to grind driving their own agenda with multiple posts..
That looks to be correct. Martha and OP showing the same IP address.

Reply #638453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Standard behaviour by the usual grumps crying 'oh no the parents posted a topic again, and have an opinion'"

"That looks to be correct. Martha and OP showing the same IP address."

You were saying, bigballer?

Thanks isaac!

Reply #638456 | Report this post

Bigballer  
Years ago

I stand corrected, sorry!

i do see a lot of people whinging that parents are driving their own agendas, however, this is in fact true in this case.

Reply #638466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When do team lists come out?

Reply #638468 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Didn't something similar happen to the boys team a few years ago with a Melbourne coach picking majority of his own players? Pretty sure Vic didn't even place in top 3 and he was later canned as State coach.
Bulleen have always been a powerhouse when it comes to girls so not surprising so many kids were picked. Guessing for the players who didn't get selected they had something to prove in this game?

Reply #638477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Latrentis, I'm not so sure your suggestion is correct?

What year, what age group are you talking about?

U16 Men - didn't win the Gold Medal in 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2015. In each of these years I don't believe there was a Melbourne (Tigers) head coach. In 2013 & 14 the HC was from Diamond Valley I believe.

However, in the U18 Men - Melbourne Tigers Coaching Director Nick Abdicevic coached the U18 Men - but did not coach a VJBL team at the time - so this is a different to the Bulleen coach situation.

National U18 Results:

U18 Men - Melbourne Tigers Nic Abdicevic coached the U18 Vic Metro in 2012 (Silver), 2013 (Gold), 2014 (Gold). So not the same as the Bullen situation.

2012 Silver Medal - 3 Melbourne Tiger Players. This team also included Dante Exum & Ben Simmons and had a total of 5 U17 Australian Representatives who won a Silver medal in the 2012 FIBA world Champs losing to the USA by 33 pts. Melb Tigers won the U18 VJBL Silver Medal losing to Diamond Valley who had 2 players in the U18 State team.

2013 Gold Medal - 4 Melbourne Tigers players. 2 played for Australia in 2014 U17 FIBA World Championships (Silver Medal - lost to USA by 7 pts) & 3 played for Australia in 2015 U19 FIBA world championships. Melbourne Tigers won the U18 VJBL Gold Medal.

2014 Gold Medal - 6 Melbourne Tigers players. 3 played for Australia in 2014 U17 FIBA World Championships (Silver Medal - lost to USA by 7 pts) & 2 played for Australia in 2015 U19 FIBA world Championships. Melbourne Tigers won the U18 VJBL Gold Medal.

So, I would say this is not the same situation as the Bulleen coach situation.

Reply #638484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cant see that many players from Bulleen making the team next year.
A good spread, maybe 5-6 clubs.

Reply #638486 | Report this post

KnoxNut  
Years ago

I agree not much at Bulleen next year, some bottom age Talent at Knox ,DV & Nunna, nothing much at Dandy & Bulleen

Reply #638520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could see 8 clubs represented next year if scc contributers are anyhthing to go by.

Reply #638524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic country have some nice talent for next year.
3 or more of there players are bottom agers

Reply #638526 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Posts deleted implying identities and one poster blocked from the site. I don't believe the OP and Martha are who you think they are so perhaps quit it.

Reply #638539 | Report this post

Martha  
Years ago

team list came out yesterday. Vic has won it 15 times out of the last 17
http://basketball.net.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/2017_U16_Girls-Team-Lists-for-Release.pdf

Reply #638627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754