Anonymous
Years ago

2017 BIG3 season

The inaugral BIG3 season tipped off on Sunday in Brooklyn. Attendance of 15,177 - not bad.

Iverson struggled in his first game.

Let's have this be the thread where we talk about the first season of this new concept.

It doesn't look like this is airing on Australian TV? Although even in the US it isn't aired live but on delay the next day on Monday nights as a higlights package.

Topic #41443 | Report this topic

Wookiee  
Years ago

For something that has had a big push of publicity and some pretty big names attached to it, they seem to have fallen over on actually showing games... I was just on their facebook page and their highlight snippets are worse than a joke...

Reply #638509 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Iversen had 2 points on 1/6 shooting in his first outing. Also:

Ball Hogs captains Brian Scalabrine and Josh Childress were equally uninvolved, finishing with a combined six points.

Reply #638517 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I don't think it has been televised yet. I don't think the way they are running the event is great for live TV with the down time between games etc.

Reply #638521 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Apologies, it was aired at 8 Monday night in the States so probably has been on. None of the sessions will be aired live though. Games played Sunday and on TV Mondays.

Reply #638522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

O_o

That's what I wrote in the original post re: TV coverage.

Reply #638530 | Report this post

Ant  
Years ago

Their Facebook claims it will be televised in Australia but I cannot find anything more than that. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=709255562595967&substory_index=0&id=588787837976074

Reply #638542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So far this is looking like a fail. They underestimated how bad these old timers would be. Need recently retired players not decade ago retirees.

Reply #638553 | Report this post

NBL2KUltimate  
Years ago

Every game can be seen here on YouTube in full, just watched the first game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec520L8lUp0

Reply #638559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saw an ad for it on Fox Sports during the All-Australian series, apparently it starts Friday at 1pm

Reply #638976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:42 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754