Anonymous
Years ago

AJC U16 team lists

http://basketball.net.au/team-lists-released-for-helloworld-travel-u16-championships/

Topic #41447 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure those heights are correct for a lot of those boys squads.

Reply #638588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too tall ??

Reply #638608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some way too short, some too tall.

1 guy there I know who is easily 6'5 is listed as 6'0.

Reply #638611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the post player for nsw c is not 6ft.

There's a guy from act only 5ft?

Reply #638612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA lol

Reply #638618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it ba or state teams fault?

Reply #638619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The heights are usually determined by the parents when they register their child for the event. In most cases with the Boys & Girls some of the heights are over and under estimated

Reply #638631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.facebook.com/BasketballACT/photos/pcb.1791723994201927/1791708000870193/?type=3&theater

Guessing none of those ACT boys are 5 ft tall. At least, there's no way the shortest is 40cm smaller than the tallest.

Reply #638783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think the final teams would be measured properly. Take about 10'mins to do the entire squad including weight and wingspan.

Reply #638785 | Report this post

Martha  
Years ago

14 and15 year old girls would not want their weight taken and put up on a website and given the problems that many girls have with eating disorders probably best don't do that

Reply #638791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah sorry, didn't think of that. Just height and wingspans then.

Reply #638793 | Report this post

Martha  
Years ago

Sounds like a plan, easy to do

Reply #638794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Putting up weight would motivate those who are over to get that work done.

Reply #638796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe for some but for others it could effect there mental health being compared to others on the list.

Reply #638799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hiding behind "mental health" is an excuse not to tone down. Don't like it? I don't care. Old school baby. Too much softness today.

Reply #638800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I strongly disagree with what you just wrote.

Reply #638801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good lord they're teenagers and some of them are FAR from elite prospects. They don't need to provide that information to internet randoms who will then hypothesise that some 15-year-old girl had a poor second half because she's fat. If you're that invested in "motivating" them, there are better ways to do it.

Reply #638806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like what the Victorian and wa teams have done with the team videos.

I would like to see heights listed, wingspan, positions played along with age and club association.

Reply #638807 | Report this post

XP€N$IV  
Years ago

Good point about trolls murdering kids' weight. I'm old school but internet makes it a minefield now.

Reply #638820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no ones business how much anyone weighs,you can have someone with a bigger frame underweight and one with a light frame over weight,its their performance that is looked at , these are 14 and 15 yr old kids,and to get to this level most would be fit because they ARE kids, they would be playing and training and still doing school sports and all the other things 15 and 15yr old kids do.

its got nothing to do with being soft,and making an issue of anyones weight can cause an issue that was not their before, if those kids can run and play thats ALL that should be reported on, believe me as they get older their will be plenty to tell them if they need to loose weight, just ask those who actually make it to the C of E

In two years time none of these kids will look the same not in height or weight, and 90% of them probably wont even be playing basketball

Reply #638839 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Don't have too much issue with what you said except

"90% of them probably wont even be playing basketball"

which is a massive exaggeration. Over the years I've known hundreds of kids that made U16 state teams and most go on to play for years after.

Reply #638848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

duke fan,not from every team, maybe those who take home a medal, a larger portion of those kids might,but this is UN16,half the boys will end up in football, the girls too now or netball or spectators at boyfriends games.

few will end up in the elite levels where body weight counts

so their weight really is of no consequence is it at this age

Reply #638851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754