Isaac
Years ago

Bullets sign Travis Trice

American guard Travis Trice has signed with the Bullets for the 2017/18 NBL Season.

Trice joins the new-look Brisbane guard line up off the back of an impressive season with Cairns Taipans, taking out the Club's 2016/17 MVP Award.

Recognised for his speed, scoring and strategic playmaking, Trice averaged 14.62 points, 3.46 assists and 1.23 per steals game last season, his first in the NBL.
Full announcement

Topic #41478 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Good player. Just not sure i like the balance of their back-court though.

Reply #638898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again Bullets recruit from within the NBL rather than go out and source their own imports. I feel like they are just going through the motions being a league-owned club waiting on an owner. They are placeholders right now not intended to win a title but just make up the numbers in the meantime.

Reply #638900 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Wonder if he settles down this year or goes full Jermain Beal?

Reply #638922 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Adam Gibson becomes a very expensive back up.

Reply #638933 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Anon, that's a good point I think. As they are a league owned club, maybe they are intentionally not going too hard on recruiting and just going for known players to get them through.

Reply #638963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that they could have the best import trio though? Trice being third import is above what normally is in that spot. Once Craig naturalizes they'll have another spot open up as well

Reply #638964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can Craig naturalise?

Reply #638968 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Didn't the Bullets say they were going to use an import spot to replace Bairstow? Something is up, maybe that rumor about Torrey Craig not coming back is legit.

Reply #639003 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Where did all this "Craig naturalising" stuff come from? Just wishful thinking as why would he? Just because it would benefit his (current) NBL team isn't really a good enough reason, you'd think?

And I'd wait until other teams have at least two imports until anyone starts suggesting that the Bullets would have the best trio of anything...

Reply #639009 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Came off the horse's own mouth Wookiee. Cairns Post article by Jordan Gerrans.

The University of South Carolina graduate is angling for Australian citizenship with a stint in the state league expected to help the process.

"I would have never imagined me playing QBL," Craig said with a chuckle.

“It is a bit different but it is all basketball to me.

“I have the same mindset whatever league I am playing in, it is competitive and always fun to go against some teammates.

“Hopefully it helps my citizenship as I want to stay in the country and become an Australian."

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/extaipan-has-citizenship-and-nba-pathway-on-his-radar/news-story/9373808e806418eb8084ccd9626d1585

Not sure about his non-return rumour though. If anyone in the NBL is likely to get an NBA spot, he is as legit as any, so wait and see I suppose.

Reply #639014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Search back through the NBL articles. Late in the season last year there was an article posted about Craig and he was saying he was interested in naturalising. The Bullets also said it

Reply #639016 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

SteveK2,

Not sure about his non-return rumour though. If anyone in the NBL is likely to get an NBA spot, he is as legit as any, so wait and see I suppose.

That rumour came from you!

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/41439-bullets-interested-in-travis-trice/#p638838

Reply #639019 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

That's what I was told but I'm slightly skeptical about it. Plausible considering how impressive he was last season but taking away all your things doesn't mean he can't move them back in if things go south. That's why I classify it as rumour only at this stage.

Reply #639022 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

That cracked me up Zodiac!

Reply #639049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard same rumour and betcha its Rollers boss Joel blabbing to everyone about what Torrey told him. Its his agent that told him to pack all his stuff. Whether his agent can be believed, who knows ? Maybe they already got the offer sheet.

Reply #639059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naturalising is a hard thing. If these guys (Americans in this case) keep going back home regularly that doesn't entitle them to naturalise easily. Continued staying in Oz does. Marriage to and Aussie and staying does. So many people think after a few years it's easy to naturalise in Oz. It isn't.

Reply #639072 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Doubt they got the offer sheet already. They'd want to see how he goes in SL first. Massive leap of faith by the Nuggets otherwise.

Reply #639101 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754