Ricey
Years ago

Milos Teodosic Signs With Clippers

2 year deal with second being played option for 12 million at Clippers.

He's finally going to get he opportunity to run an offence in the NBA (he's said in the past the only reason he hasn't came over yet was due to his requirement he isn't a bench player starving for minutes and that he plays for a contender).

Possibly one of the best signings of the offseason and potentially in the running for ROY as a 30yo.

If nothing else the Clippers highlight reel has just gone up a notch

Topic #41487 | Report this topic

XY  
Years ago

Wow, a future Hall of Famer in CP3 walks out on you, but after some savvy moves and some injury luck the Clips could being significantly better next year.

Reply #639109 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah add in Danilo too. This team looks like they've possibly turned the corner and may be a legitimate threat this season

Reply #639111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG WOW. CP3 not really that much of a loss now with Teodosic coming in. Wow Clippers what a signing. Maaaaaaan the West is even more stacked now.

Reply #639122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Legitimate threat!? No. Competitive enough to keep the fan $ rolling? Yes. This is a player ill be watching closely, can play.

Reply #639126 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I wouldn't call them a legitimate threat either, but Teodosic certainly covers the loss of Paul and they have added some other nice pieces as well.

Whether they can ever get their full team healthy and on the court at the same time will be the real issue. Blake won't be back for half the season either.

Teodosic killed the Boomers in that Olympic semi, made us look stupid several times.

Reply #639132 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If they're good enough as a team to cover Teodosic's defensive liabilities then he could be great for them offensively. Whether he can be a big-minute player remains to be seen for mine given his lack of lateral quickness.

Reply #639136 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Teodosic likely will be the back up PG to Beverley.

Reply #639138 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Keep in mind they lost Paul and Redick. With the West improving I can't see them faring better than they did last season. Still a good move by the Clippers though in isolation.

I imagine they could run with Teodosic and Beverley together for stretches: Beverley doesn't need the ball on offense and is a great defender, and Teodosic is great with the ball but could be a defensive liability. It's probably a better guard combo than substituting Austin Rivers or Felton for one of those two.

Reply #639141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt he will be a backup.

Reply #639148 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah, my concerns are the same as paul's.
I'll wait to see how badly he gets abused on defence before going out on a limb about what he'll do for the Clippers.
Great to see him get a shot though.

Reply #639156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Patty is signing with the Clips as well?

Reply #639157 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

I love watching him play but a number of European guards have failed to crack it in the NBA such as Spanoulis and Huertas .

He will be a liability on defense and may not be quick enough to take a lock down defender off the dribble.

I hope he makes it, but I won't be surprised if he's back in Europe in a year or two.

Reply #639160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we will see a repeat of Juan Carlos Navarro in the nba. Great player in europe no-one is debating it and reasonably good in his rookie and only nba season but just didn't want to stick around.

Reply #639172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Possibly. It could be hard for some players going from playing meaningful, passionate games week after week in Europe to a meandering 82-game NBA season where there just isn't the same level of care.

Reply #639182 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

The problem I find for Euro guards entering the NBA is that the teams don't know how to use them, and then place them in an offence that doesn't utilise their talents. You see guys like Brandon jennings go to Europe and do not a lot but then make lots of noise in the NBA the following year. How long did it take for an NBA team to actually use Drazen properly? It happens all the time. Not that all these Euro players are going to come in and be an all star off the bat, but they never seem to get the respect they deserve from coaches to players to media and so on.

Reply #639187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doc will start Austin for sure till he gets fired before all star break, Griffin will get injured, Jordan will be traded to Celtics and they'll go back to being the clippers we all love, the Nets out west. Lakers will make playoffs and Clips will be there little brother and Taylor Swift will be the only banner they have flying at Staples.

Reply #639271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754