Anonymous
Years ago

36ers Radio Ads

I heard ads on 5AA this morning advertising Friday nights game, I thought that was good. Until I heard at the end for more details visit www.adelaide36ers.com.au. Last time I checked - 5 seconds ago - the website was www.adelaide36ers.com and with the .au it doesnt resolve.

Topic #4152 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

(bangs head against desk)

youre not serious??

Reply #48202 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

hahahahahahahah ... one of my pet peeves !!

c'mon marketing crew !!

Reply #48204 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

At least the Sixers made it to the radio.........haven't seen a thing on TV yet!?!?

Reply #48205 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Just for interest the Bullets have been all over radio up here (Nova Brisbane) On the Brekky show Luttsy (our equivalent of Frizy down there) seems to be catching up with Rucker or Egan every week and has also had interviews with Copeland and everyones favourite Mick Hill. Time will tell if thsi exposure will transform to ticket sales with the Bullets but at least they appear to be proactive in getting their name out there.
Surely a couple of Sixers can get out of bed a bit early and get on SAFM or something.

Reply #48213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the players were doing interviews for MIX 102.3 at the Singlet Presentation last night.

Should hear them soon

Reply #48218 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

just for interesest willie and dusty have been doing tv commercials which go to air today at 4pm on 9 and 10 i beleive and from what i have been told they are pretty good adds and they will continue through out the season pumping up the games at the dome

so at least things are starting to move forward in that aspect,

as far as the .com.au mistake if thats true thats a oversight that shouldnt happen. again at least they are getting out there

Reply #48219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just heard it on the radio, they have it just as .com

Reply #48280 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

On Fox there is adds for the season every add break. Couldn't the NBL spend some money and place some adds on FTA, that way the public might find out about the new season

Reply #48291 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox is probably paying for the ads as it is advertising their station.

Reply #48295 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Heard ads the last 2 days all over MIx 102.3.

Also, MMM was advertising Channel 9's local health show (cant remember its name...hosted by Troy Gray)....and this week has an interview with......Adelaide 36ers Brett Mayer (as it was pronounced).....wish the stations could give their jocks copy to read that is phonetically spelt.

Reply #48322 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

dont worry bout radio ads..no one hears them anyway..get on TV or in the papers

Reply #48324 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

People listen to the radio 70% more of the time they spend reading papers.

Dont you listen to the ads? :)

Reply #48325 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

yogee -- worth mentioning that the Adelaide United PR guy sent out to all media people a page detailing every players name with correct spelling, position and personal details, and the pronunciation of each name. It's more important for a team with names that might confuse reporters, but your Maher example shows that it would be useful in the Sixers case too.

Reply #48346 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

My example was probably a bit harsh....radio jocks probably wont know most basketball players...but Brett Maher is now an Adelaide A-List celeb for crying out loud.

Reply #48350 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

ALL morning today 102.3fm has been going on about Adelaide United, giving away some free tickets and even the radio jocks are going to that game they said!
Where is SAs top coach who was on the brekky show on 102.3 last year?? Is he on this year at all?? Yes I heard a few paid ads on radio but seems the soccer dudes have flooded them!

Reply #48385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the Sixers radio ad (92KB WMA). Seems that you can hear at the end where it was cut short to remove ".au". Lucky for that quick response from the club and/or radio stations.

Reply #48421 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754