Tce44
Years ago

Bearcats Carnival

Well done to the organisers of the Bearcats Carnival. Such a massive task and you give our kids a chance to play in tournaments whilst staying in Adelaide.

Such a pity that an incident involving a spectator at the conclusion of a game happened. Hope he's banned from all Basketball SA venues for a very long time.

Topic #41526 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Such a pity that an incident involving a spectator at the conclusion of a game happened. Hope he's banned from all Basketball SA venues for a very long time."

Come on, you can't make a comment on here without filling us in the details.
Did you see the incident or just hear about it from a "friend of a friend"?
Was there any blood? Did the police use tasers?

Reply #639978 | Report this post

Bigballer  
Years ago

Parent getting agro? well with BSA zero tolerance policy i am sure they will be.

Such a great tournament, i agree. i love that it caters so well for the developing DIV 3 - 6 kids and has a really good, down to earth atmosphere.

Reply #639982 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Yes I saw the incident and yes it involved an angry parent attacking his child's coach.

Reply #639987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It probably was one of the obsessed parents who post on here.

Reply #639989 | Report this post

Green65  
Years ago

Was this same incident that happened at wayville with under 18 game called off.

Reply #640007 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

This incident was at the Port after the final siren of a girls game.

Reply #640016 | Report this post

Green65  
Years ago

Dear oh dear. Not great advertisement was rumble between bearcats and lions at wayville on saturday which was very ugly. 2 negatives.
For godsake it is sport morons. Wake up to yourselves.

Reply #640042 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Certainly cannot be a reflection on Bearcats Carnival if some people misbehave during a game.
This happens every day of every week, but never acceptable.

Disappointing that 2 incidents come up in summary of a Great Carnival
Even begun to attract interstate teams over to SA.

How many games for a couple of stupid incidents??
Great promotion of the game for local and country teams who aren't up to Div1 standard at this stage

Well done

Reply #640153 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

The incident I saw deserves life ban..

Absolutely it was a great Carnival..

Reply #640167 | Report this post

Green65  
Years ago

Any update on follow up. Surely these incidents have to be eradicated with swift and firm actions to make very clear unacceptable. Especially as host club involved in both. Takes gloss off.

Reply #640452 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

To clarify, the Bearcats weren't involved in the incident I saw. They were in no way responsible.

Reply #640598 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754