Nutsy
Years ago

Randle won't be back in Adelaide

Channel 9 news tonight interviewing the Sixers CEO and discuss randle will not be back. Cash

Topic #41543 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

We know. Moore coming in

Reply #640445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that because his wife wouldn't get through quarantine ?

Reply #640451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct, too many foodstuffs in her baggage.

Reply #640453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say it's more than just the cash. It seemed to be a falling out between him and coaches/team. Bottom line is, Randle is one of many great players in the world, so don't get caught up on him. He's trying maximise his money in a short career and the Sixers need to save for longevity, sometimes the mix doesn't work.

I feel Sobey is in for a stellar year, and Ramone Moore will make a great backcourt partner. Creek will be massive as he has a confidence boost from a solid season and NBA Summer League. Add that to two more solid imports and a guy like DJ continuing his form, the Sixers will be hard to stop!

As much as the T-Ferg thing was good, in the crunch having another experienced import will help win the close games in the lead up to the finals.

Bottom line is, I don't think they will miss Randle at all!

Reply #640463 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Won't miss Randle at all? He is the MVP, those don't come up very often, I think its a significant loss.

I would agree that Sobey is ready to step up to be the #1 guard and scorer for the team, But Joey's plans revolved around Randle consistently breaking down opposition defences and Sobey would need to be at that level all the time.

Randle also took the best defensive guards, who now will be focused on Sobey.

Ramone Moore is servicable but didn't exactly set the world on fire, he is a complimentary player as he was to Goulding. Should not be relied upon to cover for Randle.

Reply #640464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Joeys experience in summer league will result in contacts and a hungry guy that can fill the role. Whilst Sorry can improve a bit more, can't see him being the man, same with creek. Can maybe spread the money around a bit more but would like to see a young guard from good programme that NBA team might want to stash for a year, but has to have good character.
Dee Oldham has been tearing it up in premier league, worth a chance as a budget backup maybe.

Reply #640465 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Ramone Moore in for T-Ferg, Julian Wright in for Jacobsen, and ? in for Randle.

Reply #640466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers Imports so Ramona Moore in ,does anyone know who Joey is looking at in the states,a few weeks back Sixers CEO said they are looking st 2 players do we have any names or Joey keeping it quiet until player has signed.

Reply #640486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julian Wright

Reply #640491 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

ex Hornets guy? also Creek looks like he is going to be gone post this year. Paper article makes it seem like he really is angling for an OS gig.

Reply #640503 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Is Ramona Moore Ramone's wife?

Reply #640507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha, Dee Oldham in the NBL. That comment's going straight to the pool room.

Why would the Sixers get a guy who plays the same position as Ramone Moore?

Whilst Randle was the MVP, have another great point guard, which I assure you there are many, this year they will have the added bonus of having three experienced imports, plus an improved Sobey and Creek! That far outweighs the Randle exit.

Dee Oldham.....wow. Face palm.

Reply #640509 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Julian Wright eh? By the look of recent video he still has good athleticism and his experience shows in the way he makes position/ sets up others. So probably a decent upgrade over Jacobsen. Horrible looking jumpshot though and can't shoot free throws. Would need to be great defensively and on the boards to make up for lack of shooting. Not sure about that idea.

No idea if he'd even consider coming to Australia, but I liked the look of Jack Cooley. Seen him in Summer League for both Utah and Boston and he is a tough guy around the basket. Undersized for NBA, but he carves out space for rebounds really well and seems able to shoot FT's ok as well as hit the mid-range shot. Playing in Germany by the looks, has good numbers in Champions League.

Reply #640514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So facepalm guy, who's been a better player outside NBL players in premier league, maybe Starling and he's more consistent than Miller. Numbers stack up well and he's led West to playoffs. Not saying he'd be all-star in nbl but as a budget backup to Sobey freeing up some cash to chase a good swingman or big would be better than some duds that played last year. If he sucks big time just cut him.
So who else locally could make it smartarse, I'd say he's one of favourites with Drmic for Woolacott.

Reply #640537 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

NBL teams don't exactly need traditional bigs. So long as either Creek or Wright can defend a bigger player and rebound in that position, there's no worries. I'm sure either one of them can play 4

Reply #640542 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

I don't think Adelaide need or intend to go cheap for the final import spot do they? It seems like Joey has more to work with now and appears as if they are prepared to treat themselves a bit more with some import options. If you check out the resume of Julian Wright, it would seem to me to be a fairly significant get for the club.

Reply #640546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen, Dee's friend. None of the imports in the premier league are even close to being an NBL import. Don't get caught up in the emotion of being close with a player. Simple fact is, he's not at the level. Playing premier league only hurt his chances if you look at the success rate.
On another note, being "favourite" for the MVP award means nothing, take a look at Nelson Kirksey. Where is he now?........
In reality, Dee won't finish in the top three for the award. Can you name the last import from the premier league to play NBL? I also think Eian Davis from South, with the numbers he put up will finish higher than Dee, so get of Deez......s

Reply #640572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drmic woolacott? Really? I thought he'd only had a few big games. Been pretty quiet really.

Reply #640573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*off

Reply #640574 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Can you name the last import from the premier league to play NBL?

Mark Davis?

Reply #640577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Mark play premier league first? Or NBL?

Reply #640585 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He started out as an import at South Adelaide first and then was signed by the 36ers.

Reply #640589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice, well that's a once in 25 year average.
Premier League imports will most likely be starting to scramble a deal in the BigV or SEABL, and we may see one or two return.
There is a reason that they are available for this league, and it's not that they are bad people, often very nice guys, just lack the game smarts ect.

Reply #640597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, how many Premier league players have signed in the Seabl in recent years?

Reply #640601 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No idea if he'd even consider coming to Australia, but I liked the look of Jack Cooley.

The Kings are expected to sign Jack Cooley to a two-way contract.

Cooley played well for the Kings summer league squad earlier this month in Las Vegas. He averaged 9.2 points (on 64.0 percent shooting), 6.6 rebounds and 1.0 steals in 17.8 minutes over five games. He's bounced around overseas the last couple of years. Last season he played for MHP Risen Ludwigsburg in Germany. Cooley can be ignored in fantasy leagues, as he'll likely spend the majority of next season in the G-League.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/NBA/2413

Reply #640602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754