Isaac
Years ago

Funny Sixers tip-off Friday, make NBL's biggest signing

Opening night action

This Friday night, September 2nd, the Adelaide 36ERS commence their 2005-06 campaign with an opening game against arch-rivals (everyone's our arch-rival!) Perth.

Our roster is largely unchanged with the same key three that poured in the points last year in Willie Farley, Dusty Rychart and captain Brett Maher, as well as David Cooper back for a second year in Adelaide. Jacob Holmes has spent the offseason in New Zealand and playing with the Boomers and performed well in both opportunities. Mark Nash has re-emerged and should return to peak performance, and Oscar Forman is coming off a Woollacott-winning ABL season and a couple of weeks training under Brian Goorjian in Melbourne and Asia.

Nick Hambour will play his first season as an official member of the playing ten, and Paul Rees, well, we all know Paul Rees. Perhaps the most exciting addition to the team, though, is Brad Hill who made only a late cameo in 2004/05. You're all aware of the hype surrounding one Brad Newley, but this "other Brad" matched Newley point-for-point in the NBL Blitz last weekend and will be the player to watch.

The league's biggest signing

So who's the late inclusion within the Sixers? The 10 foot giant with a span of an imposing 14 feet? Well, it made its first appearance at the Dome today and should be a big hit with the fans. Make sure you're at the game to see it in action. It's sure to be a nervous starter, but with confidence comes more playing time.

Tickets

You can be at the game this Friday from the outstanding price of $15 if you want to risk buying on the night ($10 for kids). If you want to guarantee your spot, tickets are available through Venue*tix for $20, or you can get closer to the action for $24 (inclusive of booking fees). More information on pricing.

Get there at 7:30 PM

The pre-game show gets going at 7:30 PM, so really try to get there in time rather than walk in the door during the first quarter. This could be the game that everyone's talking about next week on the forum, so make sure you don't miss that or the chance to let Paul Rogers know what you think about his signing with Perth!

Friday, September 2, 7:30 PM start. Adelaide 36ERS vs Perth Wildcats. Tickets from $15 for adults, or from $10 for children under 14.

Topic #4155 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

Awesome build up isaac :D

Reply #48253 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Sounds good, let hope it is put together on and off the floor this year.

Reply #48256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like I better not miss this one.

Music man I hope you have a few money songs ready for Paul Rogers and a cash register noise. Would be good during the warm to have a few songs with money references in them.

I am really looking forward to this coming season. Now if only I could get more info on the sixers website www.adelaide36ers.com.au :>

Reply #48265 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

10 foot tall and 14 feet wide? Surely Rees is only close to 7 feet tall, although 14 wide sounds right).

* Ba-doom CHING!*

Reply #48270 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Can't wait. Don't know how I'll handle the excitement, but worse still is the 3 week delay before we can do it all again. You can never get enough.

Reply #48287 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

WEll, no wonder you cant get info if your going to adelaide36ers.com.au...

adelaide36ers.com might work better

Reply #48289 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

5AA said that The pre-game show will include the Australia Army Band

Reply #48294 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Cant wait till tip-off! Another year the '6ers can stick it to all the 'experts' in the east that don't rate us a chance...

Reply #48319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yogee the 36ers radio ad (http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/4152/)
says to visit adelaide36ers.com.au.

Reply #48326 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you know anyone who's been to a Sixers game but no longer goes, let them know that Friday night is going to be a big upgrade on past years. $15 and they're in the door.

I was at the Dome earlier tonight for a bit of a meeting about the running schedule and it's going to be a great night. Spread the word - work, your team, family, friends, etc.

Update: And I wanted to add that it's a work in progress. Things like live replays are on the cards, but won't be used for the first game.

Reply #48348 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I can't wait.

Reply #48392 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Might even take the wife

Reply #48397 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Automatic Replays have been needed for some time in the Dome... I remember there be some set up for the Finals a while Back and it really added to the game

Reply #48475 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754