Anonymous
Years ago

Premier league finals

Anyone know where the premier league playoffs are being held in Adelaide

Topic #41550 | Report this topic

JamesJohn  
Years ago

the team that was predicted to finished 7th will be hosting Norwood at Mvale in the mens
West will be hosting Sturt in the mens

Reply #640620 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

the team that was predicted to finish top 2* will be hosting Norwood at Mvale in the mens

Reply #640670 | Report this post

JamesJohn  
Years ago

The hang time round 1 mag had tiger "On the Fall"
and predicted them to finish 7th due to the loss of Creek and Starling

Reply #640677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down JamesJohn, or is it really Dean. It was just a preseason guide and losing probably the two best players in comp justified that selection.

Reply #640724 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Correct, James Woite predicted they would finish 7th. Conversely, Boti tipped them to finish 3rd.

Then Southern recruited 7'1 former NBL and NBA player Luke Schencher and former league MVP DeCorey Jones.

Nobody was predicting 7th then.

Reply #640891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was Jones MVP?

Reply #640899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jones was OK but didn't even make All Star 5 team

Reply #640943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Predictions in before the cash came in!

Reply #640952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Jones come off the bench mostly for Tigers anyway?

Sounds like he's gone anyway, does this mean Tigers are no longer title contenders?

Reply #641010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers are favourites - no-one can compete with that stacked team nor the guile of should have been COTY

Reply #641027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I will say about Southern is an NBL side could do much worse than having a guy like Linton on their bench.

Reply #641029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have been? It hasn't been announced yet but I suspect Tigers head coach would be down the list this year. Possibly Brooks, Hawkes or McLean for COTY.

Reply #641032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I meant 2016 COTY - he faces same problem this year as last year being how can you not win with the assembled team.

Reply #641038 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Sorry, DeCorey was All-Star 5 in 2015, not MVP - not sure how I came up with that.

Reply #641041 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Brooks and Hawkes are definitely in the conversation, as is possibly Al Green (I certainly didn't pick them to finish 2 wins off a finals berth).

My COTY would be McLean. He was definitely aided by finding a gem in Oldham and guys coming back from college, but I really appreciate how he coaches. I don't think they could have done too much better with the group he has.

Reply #641042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One thing to say a team should go well, another thing to actually get them to win. Sometimes it's not that easy. I was surprised he didn't get it last year, but Rigoni did do a great job.

This year it's a really open race. Southern have done well with a revamped roster to finish second. Norwood have dealt with injuries. I think I sit on the other side with West. They've added possibly the best import in the league (or top 3-4 at least) and have only moved from 6th to 4th.

In the end it probably will go to Nathan Hawkes again.

Reply #641052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty tough league this year so West only a couple of games off best record in league so that jump may be bigger than it looks. Brooks at Norwood would have to be favourite I think.

Reply #641111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about womens COTY? I assume it's between York & Jones?

Will Wilson win Halls & MVP? Is Good a worthy contender for either award?

Reply #641187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling should be coach of the year, everywhere he goes they win a title. Doesn't seem to matter who's on the sideline.

Reply #641258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North have won the title already hey?

What would the actual title odds be?

Reply #641262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern Tigers are favourites for me. Nearly every club has added depth with the ability to have two imports. North have added Starling and replaced their previous import with Miller. They are still much the same from there on down which makes North's improvement from bottom half to minor premiers remarkable and must reflect on the coach and development of the team around the imports. It is a far better comp this year and one player won't make as big a difference as in past seasons.

What is disappointing is that this season comes to an end so quickly due to the decision by BSA to shorten the season by increasing to a ridiculous number the double headers and les games in the season. If this was to allow a handful of average college kids to play then I hope they get it right next year.

Reply #641329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The season's length was not BSA's decision so I think you should look elsewhere to lay that blame

Reply #641332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure Tigers can beat North with Starling. I think they have only beaten them without him.

The loss of Jones might hurt them more than people think..,

Reply #641334 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

West Adelaide vs Sturt live stream on Saturday night starts 7:40pm on West's facebook page.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/bearcats-to-show-playoff-live/

Reply #641359 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Isn't Starling still out indefinitely with a knee injury?

I was told last week the prognosis was that he'd be out all of finals.

Reply #641363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Tigers will be live streaming their game as well as they have all season.

Starling played last week & scored 28. I'd say he's fine!

Reply #641388 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754