Sixers Fan
Years ago

36ers Import PG Spot

For the last 4 seasons we have been spoilt with great imports at the point guard spot capped off by the brilliant Jerome Randle.

Going into next season we have one of the most talented and most settled rosters in the NBL, so my question is: Do the 36ers need another ball dominating scoring point guard or more of a versatile playmaker? Ervin, Wilson and Randle were all score first, pass later but with this talented team I'm not sure if that's still needed.

Also, has anyone spotted any point guards in the NBA summer league that they think would fit with Adelaide?

Topic #41555 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

I thought not long after the season finished when it looked unlikely Randle would be back that Kevin Dillard from the Breakers would be a nice replacement.

Reply #640672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Def need a pass first pg, with our roster. Not a ball hog scorer. A pg that gets others into the game.

Reply #640683 | Report this post

Bigballer  
Years ago

Doyle is a pass first point guard. hence the 3 year deal. An unselfish play maker.

Reply #640688 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

If only Darnell Mee was 25 years younger! He'd be perfect!

Reply #640729 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Trice's backup in Milwaukee SL team, JeQuan Lewis, might be a good fit with Adelaide. Looks to be a very capable scorer/shooter and unselfish. Liam Santamaria mentioned him as a possible NBL import.

Reply #640731 | Report this post

Flash Maguire  
Years ago

The import point guard was signed a while back
36ers just have not anounced it yet.
I have it on good authority the point guard will be an A grader for the nbl

Roberts was the last piece of the puzzle.

Reply #640735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may have an out clause which is why that haven't announced it. Waiting on him still?

Reply #640736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waiting on the guy to say, "they should give Dee Oldham a shot" ........

Reply #640762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anybody who thinks Doyle can be the starting pg for Adelaide is completely delusional

Reply #640769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If flash Mcguire is stating Sixers have signed a point guard,then why hasnt it been announced.Maybe they are teasing the media.I hope its Dillard or Randle might change his mind?

Reply #640774 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I doubt very highly that Randle changes his mind. He's been pretty open about the fact he thinks they haven't been honest about his contract negotiations etc. He hasn't missed the opportunity to take a dig at Joey/Guy on social media so I assume that relationship has broken down to a point that it wont be fixed.

Reply #640810 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think it was ever in Randle's court to change his mind. He nominated a ridiculous figure he wanted to be paid to come back and the 36ers rightly moved on from him.

Reply #640812 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

That too.

Reply #640813 | Report this post

StatsMachine  
Years ago

Alright, this is the truth Sixers. If you bring back Rick Brunson for a season, I'll buy season tickets for the first time in 10 years.

Reply #640814 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"I don't think it was ever in Randle's court to change his mind. He nominated a ridiculous figure he wanted to be paid to come back and the 36ers rightly moved on from him."

I was hoping that that was just usual negotiation games and jostling.

Anyway maybe if United take Randle we can take Casper Ware.

Reply #640867 | Report this post

Nutsy  
Years ago

Creek suggested tonight on radio that all imports are signed. Quicker and more athletic than last yr. more athletic than t ferguson. Interested to who the pg is. Assuming Moore is a done deal.

Reply #640897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's me moron with the Oldham props, never said he should start but could be a cheap backup, will romp home in the Woolacott.

Reply #640900 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Boti has basically confirmed on Twitter that the 36ers have signed their PG and the team are very happy.

Good times. The signings so far have the makings of a great team, IMO. It all hinges on this PG signing for me.

Reply #640903 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@Dave where exactly on twitter does Boti confirm that the 6ers have signed a PG?

Reply #640911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers sign everyone by late July. Very nice! Can't recall a side getting it done so early before.

Reply #640919 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Benno, go into "tweets and replies" should find what you are looking for.

Reply #640923 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

It might not be an official confirmation but it's a boti confirmation. Say what you will about the guy buy he is rarely wrong when it comes to 36ers news.

Reply #640924 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Breakers sign PG Edgar Sosa so not bringing back Kevin Dillard.

36ers have mentioned in the past that they were holding discussions with Dillard.

Do we dare to speculate...?

Reply #640983 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

"I dare ya, I double dare ya MF, say 'WHAT' again"

Reply #640985 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Tornado, would not be unhappy with Dillard at all. He just seemed like a player who could steer a team.

Reply #640987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricky wat?

Reply #640992 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Master Chief...Dillard would be a good fit I reckon too. Ryan Boatright would be another good pick I think.

Be interesting to see who they have gone with.

Reply #641019 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Dillard would be incredible.

Reply #641022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who are the three imports.

Moore and _____ and _____ ?

Reply #641024 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Ronald Roberts (4/5) and a currently unnamed point guard.

Reply #641025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah RR, somehow forgot that whole thread.

Reply #641026 | Report this post

Lonzo4Life  
Years ago

Dont mind how the roster is shaping up. Still dont get how were predicted to finish bottom by most betting agencies (even though it doesnt matter). Just because we lost Randle it doesnt mean were finishing last. But,by the looks of the roster, we will be even faster than last season which should be fun to watch.

Reply #641033 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #641034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What are we looking at? Something like this?

Import/Moore/Doyle
Sobey/Drmic
Teys/Creek
Johnson/Deng
Roberts/Hodgson

As usual, range of ways this could play out, but if Roberts is anything like that highlights video and they're happy with the PG import, they should be decent. Wouldn't think anyone would've regressed and almost any import should be an upgrade on Ferguson.

Reply #641035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers aren't a sexy pick in the recent era due to years of underacheiving. Bookmakers have no idea about NBL so go with that assumption. Back when Sixers were hot late 90s/early 00s it was the reverse. Go with it and make some $$$$.

Reply #641036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't the "Adelaide 36ers Fans" Twitter handle be named "Adelaide 36ers Fan"? It's one guy's Twitter after all lol. Pretty pretentious if you ask me.

Reply #641037 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Got the email from the club confirming roberts moore and the pg and the invite to training...
yest yoking.....

Reply #641043 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Do we know when an announcement is likely?

Reply #641044 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Looks like Dillard signed with PAOK Thessaloniki, the team Sobes went over to play with after the NBL season. I think their season starts about the same time as ours? So unfortunately seems unlikely we would be the sixers import...

Reply #641047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems it is likely to be Dillard.

Reply #641048 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'm happy to be wrong on this one.

Reply #641050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recent article on Adelaide now names Dillard as 'likely'

Reply #641051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dillard, Moore & Roberts.

Reply #641053 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

So....;

PG: Dillard / Doyle
SG: Sobey / Moore / Teys
SF: Creek / Moore / Teys
PF: Johnson / Roberts / Deng
C: Hodgson / Roberts

Reply #641058 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'd be stoked if we got Dillard although not as talented as Randle he's the kind of player that would likely be a better fit for this team than Randle was but if he's already signed with PAOK?

Dillard, Moore and this Roberts guy would be an upgrade on Randle/Ferguson/Jacobsen.

Reply #641061 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

^Where is Drmic?

Reply #641062 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Someone has to know who the new PG is. Name drop somebody ;)

Reply #641063 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Benno...

The google link (non-pay wall) to the article.

Extract from the article.

"The Sixers are the only Australian team in the Singapore event, in which it will be pitted against some of Asia's best teams from countries such as China, Malaysia, Hong Kong and the Philippines.

Adelaide expects to have its three new imports — expected to be Ramone Moore, Kevin Dillard and Roland Roberts — at the event."

Reply #641066 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti's article just now:

OH, and Adelaide 36ers fans? Stay tuned later this week.

Reply #641067 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Sorry Isaac...

How did you make the link nice and neat like that?

Reply #641069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But now Dillard signed with PAOK? Euro out clause?

Reply #641077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My feeling be...........Oldham,Moore,Roberts for our Imports.

Reply #641102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oldham? WTF?

Reply #641124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti has confirmed it's not Dillard

Reply #641149 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

PAOK seem to think Dillard is their man, so it's probably not him.

https://www.instagram.com/paokbasketball/

Reply #641173 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty poor form by The Advertiser putting in print Dillard was expected to be playing for us in Singapore.

Reply #641174 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..yes and they put roland roberts there also...

Reply #641175 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Maybe Dillard was the one on the table at the time of that article, then opted out with Euro contract?

Don't think we'd ever find out.

But if the Sixers are happy with the selection made, I have confidence its someone very good and will take the team to the next level.

Reply #641176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty clear that Dillard was going to be signed then he got the Euro offer.

Reply #641177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laughing at these Singapore references by the way. Last year Sixers were also invited to that pre-season tournament then had to cancel as it was in late Sep and clashed with the Blitz. Same thing will probably happen this season with similar dates. Surprised they got another invite.

Reply #641179 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754