Anonymous
Years ago

SEABLer Daniel Alexander - NBL potential?

He picked up the seabl player of teh week and is a leading contender for the mvp.

He seems a very complete player is super athletic, with a high basketball iq.

I would have thought he would be a decent third import selection for an nbl team.

Thoughts?

Topic #41561 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah

Reply #640961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wollongong maybe Beveridge loves him

Reply #640963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was close to signing with Illawara last season. In the end they elected to go with size in Holyfield.

Offensively he is perfectly suited to the NBL. 40%+ shooter from 3 and one of the best athletes in the country. He would struggle defensively to guard quick 3's and power 4's though.

Agree he would make a perfect 3rd option off the bench.

Reply #640964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He averaged 3 points in the D-league - so no.

Reply #640971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"one of the best athletes in the country. He would struggle defensively to guard quick 3's and power 4's though."

I find this comment perplexing. If he is one of the best athletes in the country how can you then say in the same sentence that he will struggle with quickness?

Reply #640998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lateral quickness I should have said.

Reply #641006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is real tough. Good range on his shot and has good shot selection. Doesn't need his athleticism to score, but when he uses it he catches you by surprise. Bigger than you think and has good timing and range inside on defense. There are SEABL imports that rebound better and defend the rim better, but you don't get him to do that job. He's a an athletic stretch four. I was doubtful after seeing the inflated numbers in WA SBL last year, but he is one of the top imports in SEABL. Great all-round game.

I hope NBL clubs look at the SEABL imports to fill that 3rd spot a little more often. Would provide a nice pathway thru SEABL and provide improved connection with local clubs.

Reply #641046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Hawks need a stretch 4, when they already have Forman and Ellis off the bench. Maybe moving Kay off the bench to backup Ogilvy?

Reply #641120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alexander>Ellis

Reply #641349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I hope NBL clubs look at the SEABL imports to fill that 3rd spot a little more often. Would provide a nice pathway thru SEABL and provide improved connection with local clubs."

We don't because we want to win. All you need to do is look at the best examples of how imports dominate state leagues then end up average in the national league. At best its a last minute injury replacement who can temporarily fill a void while teams look for better options.

Reply #641361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was very close to signing for the Hawks last year, but they had issues with someone who had nothing to do with his management who messed it up. By the time it was worked out, the Hawks had moved on. Watched him dominate in the SBL. He is sooo much better than he looks.

Reply #641364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched Daniel Alexander last night vs Kilsyth. Class above SEABL, in my opinion, would be an ideal NBL player.

Reply #642609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlucky your opinion is only good enough for a basketball forum.

Reply #642640 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754