Anonymous
Years ago

What happened to And The Foul?

andthefoul.net

"Account Suspended
This Account has been suspended.
Contact your hosting provider for more information."

Hopefully the domain or whatever has expired gets renewed? It had a lot of good NBL info on it.

Topic #41593 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He rage quit when the Hawks lost to the Wildcats again.

Reply #641936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking for an answer not another Wildcats troller.

Reply #641947 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

I'd say ask the guy on twitter but he has stopped tweeting as well

Reply #641970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think the foul ended up been a flagrant 2 and he is never coming back

Reply #641982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he blocked me on twitter for disagreeing with one of his posts.

Reply #641987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just another website that trolls the internet with out doing true journalism.

Reply #641989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's fouled out

Reply #641995 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

"Just another website that trolls the internet with out doing true journalism."

hahaha anon internet poster complains about 'journalisms'

Nat was just about the only source of online quality NBL news during periods where the NBL as an organisation was barely functioning. He put his money and time where his mouth was and did more to support the game than any anon keyboard warrior. Anyone with half a brain and a love of Australian basketball owes a shitload to andthefoul.

Reply #642015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always found the problem with AndTheFoul was he ran the site and social media like a personal account and it made it seem alot more amateur than most of the content he provided.

Good on him for putting in the time and effort while he did though.

Reply #642017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont know that sucking up to Cam Tragadh is quality NBL news but whatever floats your boat.

Reply #642019 | Report this post

Kingpodge  
Years ago

.......... yes.... all his articles are about Cam........... Honestly, i'm just surprised you can read. Good for you.

Reply #642023 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's hard to run a site like that year after year for longer than a few years when you have competing priorities in life (kids, partner, job, etc). Especially when it doesn't make enough money to justify giving it more focus.

In the case where more or less one individual is driving so much of the content, the project is particularly susceptible to dropping off the face of the Earth. Spread the involvement to multiple people and then you're working by committee plus splitting the proceeds.

If there weren't a number of people here starting topics and carrying on by themselves, Hoops would be a lot more susceptible too rather than being entirely reliant on my personal interest in basketball.

Reply #642026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kingpodge is right - wtf are these anons going on about?

Whatever you may think of the website owner (Nat?) he put a lot of work into uploading rare NBL content that was lost - i.e. many NBL articles from the 90s scanned out of One on One magazine.

Also he started an NBL wiki which had entries not available on the main Wikipedia, even though my gripe with that was it was undercutting the main wiki, but can't fault him for effort.

You can still view the website through cache and archive websties, there is a treasure chest of info on it. Was reading the other day info about Gold Coast Rollers and how they got dumped from the league AFTER complying with the requirements re: stadium. The council went and spent the $800K for air conditioning prior to the changeover to summer and guess what? They get removed from the league anyway. Another NBL joke move, good to be reminded that the club had $ and did what they were told yet still get the flick. Info like this you can't find anywhere else.

Reply #642035 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

In regards to the lack of websites with NBL content - I would watch this space

Reply #642236 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It will be going again soon, I was redoing the website and the account just lapsed.

Reply #642422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks! :D

Reply #642462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glad to finally know where he's at :)

Reply #642512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754