Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane sign 6'6" import Perrin Buford

I took a look at the new Brisbane signing, and I'm calling he could potentially be the most underwhelming so far. Time will tell, and I hope he proves me wrong.

Topic #41600 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

THE Brisbane Bullets have announced the signing of forward American Perrin Buford, an addition that completes the team's 2017-18 roster.

The loss of Torrey Craig, who signed a two-way deal with the Denver Nuggets in July, meant Andrej Lemanis was on the hunt for a replacement; and Buford fit the Bullets’ needs.

"We took the opportunity to really analyse our team to determine what assets we needed in whatever player we brought in," Lemanis said in the team’s press release.

“Through a lot of contacts and a lot of hard work we landed on Perrin Buford and I am glad to say he’s joining the family”.

The 6’6 small forward spent two years at Middle Tennessee State, before playing a year in Italy, averaging 16.8 points and 7.7 rebounds per game for Fortitudo Moncada Agrigento.

Herald Sun story
ESPN profile
Summer League stats
College profile

Reply #642237 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

When I saw Buford, I got excited thinking they nabbed RC Buford ;)

Reply #642243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see all the Bulletsfans commenting. ;)

Reply #642369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is it with Brisbane and the NBL? Even before the Bullets went under during the successful Groves ownership era there were hardly any Bullets fans online.

Reply #642379 | Report this post

#1 Anon Poster  
Years ago

The people up here are just not as tech savvy as most other cities /s

Reply #642388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha, good one. but up further north Taipans fans are well represented around here!

Reply #642390 | Report this post

Henry Snow  
Years ago

Bullets fan here...
I was concerned with timing of the announcement. Coming so close to the NBA news I thkoght they were trying to squeeze it in while everyone was still happy.
Not sure what to think... perhaps we'll see him coming of the bench with a small ball line up of Trice, Gibson and Holt playing 1-3.
He had ordinary summer league numbers but very reasonable Italian league stats.
Hopefully he thrives under Andrej's system.
I'm sitting on the fence on this one!

Reply #642396 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

You know another ringer who got brought in late in the off season to cover a superstar heading off elsewhere and who had good numbers in the Italian league? Markel Starks. Yikes.

Reply #642508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754