Anonymous
Years ago

2017 FIBA Asia Cup

It starts on Tuesday, our three group games in Group D are all on at the same time, being 9PM WST/10:30PM CST/11PM EST.

The games are showing on Fox Sports MORE (channel 507):

Tue 8 Aug AUS-JPN
Thu 10 Aug AUS-HKG
Sat 12 AUG AUG-TWN

All games of the tournamnet are being shown live on MORE, four per night. Not bad.

Topic #41604 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Odds from Sportsbet below. Australia are favourites.

Australia 3.00
Lebanon 3.75
China 5.00
New Zealand 9.00
Philippines 9.00
Iran 11.00
South Korea 21.00
Kazakhstan 26.00
Japan 51.00
Chinese Taipei 51.00
Qatar 51.00
Jordan 51.00
Iraq 151.00
India 151.00
Hong Kong 201.00
Syria 251.00

Reply #642311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol, favourites?

Lebanon 2nd?

Reply #642312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asia is extremely weak. That's why we are favourites and the host country second. Going by those odds the only surprise to me was Iran not being up there near the top. So I assume that means they are fielding a weaker squad.

Reply #642313 | Report this post

Years ago

Hopefully we win Gold.

Reply #642318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't china better than us?
They have 2 national teams.

Reply #642328 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I am surprised that there isn't more seperation between Australia and everyone else. Is there something going on with the Lebanese team that we haven't been told about?

Reply #642330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games be on free to air or NBL tv?

Reply #642331 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Is there something going on with the Lebanese team that we haven't been told about?

Eddie Obeid assures me there isn't!

We should win this with a leg in the air.

Reply #642333 | Report this post

Years ago

Lebanon are the host team, and in the opposite bracket to us. So what the bookies are saying is they like Aus and the host side since they're at home, and believe that will be the Final matchup. Not too sure exactly how good Lebanon are to be honest.

China are hard to gauge because of how they split up their crappy team into two separate crappier ones but I feel they overall still suck. Apparently they are trying to develop 2x the players by doing it this way, in preparation for 2019 World Cup which is being hosted in their nation. So they are more focused long-term to 2019.

Reply #642334 | Report this post

Years ago

Actually scrap that apart Lebanon being on the other side of the bracket since it depends on how you finished in the first round. So I guess their odds are low solely on being the hosts. The rest still applies.

Reply #642336 | Report this post

Years ago

Actually scrap that part about Lebanon*

Reply #642337 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Ater Majok is playing for Lebanon apparently.

Reply #642344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#642331 only on Foxtel or livebasketball.tv which is FIBA's streaming service that costs $9.99 a month (not sure if that's USD or AUD). Could also get a 2 week free trial of Foxtel Now (Foxtel's streaming service), which would cover the duration of the tournament.

Reply #642381 | Report this post

2sc945  
Years ago

The odds of New Zealand & the Philippines are too high, Iran on the other hand should be higher. China (Blue Team), NZ (U26 Team), and the Philippines (without Andray Blatche) are half-strength teams, so placing Lebanon as the 2nd favourite seems to be fair.

Reply #642553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One more sleep!

Reply #642702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754