I'm feeling BLITZED

Reply #643177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i just blitzed my pants

Reply #643182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As mentioned by a couple here, main games to be held in Traralgon between 7-9 Sep. Then 4 games to be played in four separate venues in Melbourne on 10 Sep. No mention of streaming - just 'updates, videos and interviews'.

NBL TO BLITZ LATROBE VALLEY

Australia's best basketballers will blitz the Latrobe Valley in September, playing eight games in Traralgon and participating in clinics and school visits across the region.
The Victorian Government has partnered with the National Basketball League (NBL) to bring the games to the region.
Players from each of the eight NBL clubs will attend the Blitz, which leads in to the start of the NBL season on October 5.
They will play eight matches at Traralgon Sports Stadium between September 7 and 9, and will participate in a range of community activities including clinics and school visits around the region.
There will also be wheelchair basketball games played during half time of NBL games.
NBL Chief Executive Jeremy Loeliger thanked the Victorian Government for its support.
"This is an exciting time for the NBL and we are excited about the opportunity to host the Blitz in the Latrobe Valley," he said. “This is a great way to showcase the League to regional Victoria but also engage with local communities ahead of the start of our 40th anniversary season in October.”
Member for Eastern Victoria Region Ms Harriet Shing MP said: “These additional major sporting events in Gippsland will boost the visitor economy, build pride in our communities and drive the growing sense of momentum and excitement about all our region has to offer.”

“Communities, clubs, schools and teams are all helping to shape this record investment in sporting facilities, events and programs across the Latrobe Valley region, and the benefits for our health, economic growth and local pride are enormous.”
The full schedule of matches for the NBL Blitz is as follows:
Traralgon Basketball Centre
Melbourne United v Illawarra Hawks, September 7, 5.30pm
Cairns Taipans v New Zealand, September 7, 8pm
Perth Wildcats v Adelaide 36ers, September 8, 5.30pm
Sydney Kings v Brisbane Bullets, September 8, 8pm
Cairns Taipans v Illawarra Hawks, September 9, 11.30am
Brisbane Bullets v Adelaide 36ers, September 9 2pm
Melbourne United v Sydney Kings, September 9, 5pm
Perth Wildcats v New Zealand Breakers, September 9, 7.30pm
There will also be four games in Melbourne on Sunday, September 10. All games will start at 2pm.
Melbourne United v Perth Wildcats, State Basketball Centre
Sydney Kings v Illawarra Hawks, Kilsyth
Cairns Taipans v Brisbane Bullets, Werribee
New Zealand Breakers v Adelaide 36ers, Whittlesea
Tickets for games can be purchased at www.nbl.com.au/blitz. All tickets for games at Traralgon are $12.
NBL.COM.AU will provide regular updates, videos and interviews during the Blitz. The 2017-18 NBL Season will start on October 5.

Reply #643187 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They will play eight matches at Traralgon Sports Stadium between September 7 and 9, and will participate in a range of community activities including clinics and school visits around the region.

There will also be wheelchair basketball games played during half time of NBL games.

Tickets here: www.nbl.com.au/blitz
Although the games won't be streamed, the NBL media team will be providing regular updates, photos, videos and interviews with players & coaches during the Blitz.

Reply #643189 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Will be a very big disappointment if they don't utilise the great talents we've had in the past and stream the games again...

Reply #643190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They arnt streaming games bc the Internet isn't good out there. It's like in the bush. Hours out from Melbourne.. can't mantain a reliable connection

Reply #643192 | Report this post

Hold up. NBN has been connected to the bush while everyone in metro areas basically waits. Ridiculous rollout.

Reply #643214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to do with internet connectivity. You'll find this is a commercial decision. Too expensive to do a professional live stream when you factor in where it is and how many fans actually watch.

Reply #643222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

disappointing. it's like we are back in the brett maher era again :(

Reply #643223 | Report this post

B.O  
Years ago

NO stream, No interest

Reply #643227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great while metro areas wait for NBN yet the bush have it now when the bush having NBN would come in useful for us metro folk it doesn't get utilised. Oh thy NBN how you hurt thee.

Reply #643228 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Hours out from Melbourne.. can't mantain a reliable connection

Maybe they should see their doctor then...

You'll find this is a commercial decision. Too expensive to do a professional live stream when you factor in where it is and how many fans actually watch.

Considering the Kings can do it with the very professional ASN TV crew for a Kings invitational team game, this is stupid... I'd be interested in getting some viewing numbers from last Blitz, as it seems to me at least, that taking something away from the offering of previous seasons is a big step backwards...

Reply #643240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh no how dare country folk get something before the city folk. the city folk are much more deserving because they pay a higher tax rate (??) and deserve the best of the best of everything. the country folk should have to wait and wait and wait for everything if they get it at all (probably no money left after it has been wasted on extravagances of the city folk) because the taxes they pay are just there to help out the city folk after all. Ridiculous comment.

Reply #643285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, it's not ridiculous.

89% of Australians live in urban areas. 89% of taxes (probably higher as urbanites earn thus pay more tax). Yet rural get a higher % of taxes paid put into their infrastructure than the 11% or less they put in. Which is fine, but then if it's ever critcised people react as if "HOW DARE YOU" as above.

Reply #643286 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

Country didn't "get it first". Some of Melbournes inner suburbs were even the trial sites, many years ago.
Many metro areas have it.

Reply #643306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes but the point is a ridiculously high amount of metro areas still don't

Reply #643312 | Report this post

Dwayne Pipe  
Years ago

It may be the point, but it wasn't the statement.

Reply #643321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it was the point and the statement was finally NBN being available in rural before many metro areas could benefit us city slickers. But nope - it won't. Maybe one day.

Reply #643323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rest assured getting Malcolm's version of the NBN and fttn is crap. Surely a FB live streaming feed is the answer?

Reply #643326 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah it really isn't that expensive to set up the stream in reality. I dare say there are some rural people involved in videography who could easily set up a camera or a few, with mics, and have them connected to a computer and streamed. Don't have to be commentated if that's the case. Plenty of ways to do things without paying over the top money

Reply #643398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair call Ricey. But would the NBL want to do something that appears low budget? Even if it is just preseason? The last two events were full blown productions, especially the last one in Brisbane. I'd suggest they'd be thinking we either do this professionally, or not at all. And for an event out in the country, they would have been quoted upwards of $30K for the three days, when you factor in transport, accomodation, setup etc. Which I admit doesn't sound like much anyway. But if they can't get a sponsor for it, and the viewing numbers don't justify it, then I can sort of understand why they wouldn't do it.

That said, I'm as disappointed as anyone. The league needs as much exposure as it can get. Maybe they could approach the guys who did the Kings-Oklahoma game? Thought that was well done, with multiple cameras, detailed stats and professional commentary.

Reply #643399 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

We don't want reasoned argument, anon, we want irrational, off topic outrage! lol...

You make good points... I don't think it would be quite that expensive, and the ASN crew are super quality as well... It's not like it is in a huge metropolitan city like Brisbane (LOL, just kidding), so I think the numbers would be a lot higher this time around and it would be easy enough to get some ads running in timeouts or between games... but they have the numbers I guess...

Reply #643454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754