anon
Years ago

What height is the basketball ring for SAdistrict

Hi, have just purchased a new basketball ring for home but not sure what height to set it at for SA District junior comp (U16)... I can't find anything (or have missed it when reading it) in the SA District rules.

Can anyone advise me of the correct height? thanks very much

Topic #41659 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

(I'd like to think this is that kid from the NBA hopes and dreams topic recently, taking their first steps...)

Reply #643533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

12ft should do

Reply #643541 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Same height it is for every comp in world, once you're past under 10s.

Reply #643555 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Go for 10 feet

Reply #643575 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

sheesh fellas, it is a legit question... why is there an assumption that I would know what height it would be? I purchased the ring for my child to encourage the love of basketball which I would have thought you would all be on the same page with. So thank you "Hanging Aound" for your response...the rest of you keyboard warriors can rest easy...I am sure trolling is an entertaining way to pass your time :) Cheers

Reply #643601 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Mate, I feel your pain, but I guess it's hard for the experts on here to realise someone might not know everything.

The standard height for a basket is 10 feet, which on my calculator converts to 3.048 metres - near enough to three metres for a backyard set up, I'd suggest.

From observation, and one of the actual responses, it seems that in SA - it's possibly different in other states - only U10s use a lower lower basket height, which used to be 8'6" - 2.59 metres.

Have fun. It's a great sport and community, despite the cynics and smart-acres.

Reply #643608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You will find the specifications for basket heights in the rule book you can download this and read on line at www.fiba.com

Reply #643612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:14 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754