Kent Brockman
Years ago

Rogers to get the biggest boo in the dome?

Will Rogers get the biggest boo in the dome tomorrow night?

Mick Hill will probably challenge for biggest boo later this year but will PR take the title off Bradtke?

Any other favourites to boo that could challenge for the biggest dome boo?

Topic #4168 | Report this topic

Senor Spielbergo  
Years ago

The refs.....

Goorj

Reply #48438 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Is it really Rogers fault?!
As far as I heard the club did what they could to get him, but the constant stories was it was the NBL that was blocking the deal. So why are we going to bag a guy who just wants to play ball and earn a living?

Reply #48444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard that nbl approved the deal.

Reply #48445 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hmm really interesting so it was a money grab than? - Sure give him a boo :-)

Reply #48447 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Not even close to Bradtke.

Sure, he might get more boos than Bradtke does these days but nowhere near what Bradtke got on his first few returns.

Do people even care that much about Rogers? I don't.

Reply #48448 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I forgot to add:

I'd rather see Fisher and Ronaldson get booed more.

Reply #48449 | Report this post

Big Fella  
Years ago

i propose that the crowd should give him a big chear - do something different, show some good sportsmenship for a change.

he hasnt done anyting wrong, he would have liked to play for adelaide but the $$$ were much higher in Perth and anyone else would do the same, especialy when ball players dont retire at 60

Reply #48451 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

you call $10,000 much bigger?

Reply #48453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess that would be fine if he didn't get on radio and talk about he owed the club and wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to play with us.

I say give it to him.

Reply #48457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why mick hill?

who is he?

Reply #48464 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Mick Hill is the Smart ass .. That gave it to us after the Lose to the Brisbane Last season .... it was all in good fun ... But yeah i will sure be giving him the boo of a life time ...

Rogers will get boo he defintely went after more money ... It was his choice and one most people would make ... But it dosent mean we have to be happy bout it ...

Reply #48474 | Report this post

charles  
Years ago

Are you sure that Phil Smyth even wanted Paul Rogers? I thought I heard that he wasn't all that keen on having him.

Reply #48478 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The Truth...exactly. I'm sick of reading how Rogers' decision was the correct one for him, most people would make the same decision if they were in his shoes, bla bla bla. Who cares! Don't be logical about it, where is the fun in that? I'll being giving it to him all game long!

Reply #48479 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Maybe he intends to repay his 'debt' to us by playing really badly against us.

You're right, Big Fella, Rogers doesn't owe us anything. He gave us 8 fairly ordinary games of a 5 year contract, leaving us high and dry when the salary cap was lowered, which meant that we couldn't replace his contract with a person of equivalent value (existing contracts were able to be honoured). But we let him go with a 'good luck, wish you well'.

Then he comes back after making his fortune OS, then proceeded to play us against the Wildcats to see whom he could squeeze the most money out of.

Lets face it, what he has done is not much better than what Markovic has done. He is quite entitled to go where the money is best (he is a professional after all), but if he is not loyal to us, why should we be loyal to him?

He deserves the hard time he will get as he has totally brought it on himself.

B.t.w. can't wait to see the reception Markovic will get when one day he plays in front of a West Sydney croud again!

Reply #48480 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

The NBL did not approve the Rogers deal from Adelaide....which is why he went to Perth.

Reply #48493 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Who told you that yogee?

Reply #48508 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

"He gave us 8 fairly ordinary games of a 5 year contract, leaving us high and dry when the salary cap was lowered, which meant that we couldn't replace his contract with a person of equivalent value (existing contracts were able to be honoured). But we let him go with a 'good luck, wish you well'."

I'm not really sure I follow that logic. If he had have stayed we would have been bound by his huge salary for 5 years, with a lower salary cap giving us very little to pay to everyone else. By him leaving it balanced our contract situation up a fair bit.

And don't forget that the NBL allowed us to get Rychart to replace him. Hardly a poor replacement.

"He is quite entitled to go where the money is best (he is a professional after all), but if he is not loyal to us, why should we be loyal to him?"

We haven't been that loyal to him. We've (the sixers) done what's best for ourselves just like he has. A few years ago he wanted to sign with us and we turned him down in favour of Kevin Brooks. Let's not pretend we've been overly loyal to him.

Reply #48510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't boo him people!

Just a continuos chant of "YOU SOLD OUT, YOU SOLD OUT" should be enough!

Reply #48512 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I agree, leave him alone. It wasn't his fault the salary cap was lowered at the same time that he left the team. It wasn't his fault that the NBL didn't approve his contract. It wasn't his fault that Adelaide could not pay him enough to live on. He really did the team a favour by making room for Rychart, an addition to the team that I wouldn't swap for Rogers. We should be cheering him and thanking him instead of booing him.

Reply #48565 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I think kruger got pretty big boos after he ran into the crowd and punched a fan (i cant remember what stadium that was in) but yeh i was there the next time he came to adelaide. then the old chant "KRUGERS A WANKER CHACHA CHACHA CHA"

Reply #48567 | Report this post

darryl  
Years ago

I heard that Paul Rogers quoted "I owe the club the FIRST CHANCE to sign me" which of course was taken out of context in the paper.

Apparently Paul was willing to take a massive pay cut for the first year ONLY if he was offered a two-year deal and be paid his worth for the second year. The club refused to sign him for two years which is the only thing he wanted so he had no choice when three other clubs were offering two years and both years on a good wicked.

Anyone who works would do the same and if they didnt they're idiots.

I say, don't boo him cos i'm sure he hears enough about it in the paper.

Reply #48581 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Rodgers is unlikely to be devoutly reading the Advertiser.

The West Australian is treating him like the next coming, so it all evens out.

Reply #48584 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

I say give him a big 'Roo' for antoher WA team inflicting the loss to the Crow!

That way all you who aren't too keen on 'booing' the chap can all feel good about yourselves.

Reply #48639 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

I certainly won't be booing Rogers. Who even knows how much longer his foot will hold out? He's had some pretty serious injuries and may not even last as long as his contract goes with Perth.
I agree with those above who know that most of us would go with the money given the same circumstances.
Sure, Boo if people do something unsportsmanlike in the game.
But hinking about your future isn't something to boo about.
(I wonder if all you boo-ers are crows fans??)

Reply #48673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754