Anonymous
Years ago

Mitch Creek's off-season

With an outstanding offseason, and great Fiba Asia Cup, could Mitch Creek be in line for a potential most improved season? He is yet to really have a full breakout year (mainly due to injury) and he is absolutely balling at the moment!

Topic #41680 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything on last seasons off-court antics would be an improvement

Reply #644021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've never really thought much of Creek, but pretty impressed with the way he's playing in the Asia Cup. However it is a lower level of competition to the NBL and whether that will translate to a great season, time will tell. I highly doubt he will snag most improved, mostly because the expectations of him are high.

Reply #644022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers need to chauffeur him around and he'll be fine.

Reply #644024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And intrue Aussie form, letsssss focus on some negatives. Well done guys.
I guess the Summer league wasn't that great either.

Reply #644028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His summer league wasn't great....

Reply #644033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Summer league and now boomers are both great exposure to higher level ball. That will only help moving forward, learning of different coaches, players, support staff etc.
Hes now also at the right age to mature as a person and player so who knows how he will go this season, i personally hope he exceeds expectations .

Reply #644036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And intrue Aussie form, letsssss focus on some negatives. Well done guys.
I guess the Summer league wasn't that great either.

[X] Critcises us for focusing on the negatives.
[X] Proceeds to list another negative.

Reply #644038 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

To be honest I have been waiting for a Creek breakout year for 4 seasons now.

Each year it is discussed his shooting has improved, yet it doesn't necessarily translate on the court.

I hope for his sake it does improve because Drmic and Deng could take some of his time.

Reply #644043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, that was sacasim pal! I knew someone would say something about the summer league, without focusing on the fact he made it!

Reply #644064 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Creek was superb last season, I think he's already broken out folks!

Reply #644068 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Creek had great patches last season and looked great before the injury. Would be awesome to see what he can do with a solid preseason under his belt, if he stays healthy for the full regular season.

Reply #644070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL at "making it" to the Summer League. Anyone can make it, they key is to perform in it. Wooppedoo you were in the Summer League, every journeyman has.

Reply #644071 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Every off-season there's an "is this his breakout year?" discussion. I think the positive thing is that whether or not it is, there are incremental improvements regardless.

At this point, I don't know that Drmic or Deng have a skillset as broad to overtake him?

Reply #644073 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If Creek leaves the Sixers for Europe after this season as has been suggested that would be the only way Drmic or Deng could eat into his minutes the following season.

Reply #644085 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I think Paul might be right, Creek already has broken out....sorry folks but that's it.

Watched the last Asia cup game and thought that Creek should be dunking that stuff.....not that 'Aged veteran finger roll' looking shit.

Reply #644111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek has terrible tattoos.

Playing great though...

Reply #644112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aged veteran finger roll? Have you actually been watching?

Anon, your "LOL" at making Summer League makes you seem very uneducated in the process. You see, it's actually not all that common, in fact Sobey and Creek were the only two Aussies from the NBL this year. "Every journeyman", name these Aussie journeyman from the NBL please? A handful at best.

Since making an NBA Summer League team is easy, please enlighten me to the process with your vast knowledge.

Reply #644121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Making it to a glorified summer scrimmage as fodder for the higher up draft picks isn't an achievement. Doing something in it is. They didn't. Move on.

Reply #644124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You sir, are a very ignorant person. Your distain can only be seen as first class tall poppy syndrome. The amount of people that try to make this so called "glorified Summer scrimmage" is remarkable. Many have tried and failed. My biggest failure is responding to a troll. People like you are the reason the NBL originally took a dive in the first place.

Reply #644138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*disdain so maybe your biggest failure is basic grammar. Just saying!

Reply #644142 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Spelling is separate to grammar

Reply #644143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #138 yes let's give everyone a gold sticker for participating!

Reply #644147 | Report this post

larry.lionheart  
Years ago

perhaps a little overrated. had some good things happen of late but that head got a bit big for his shoes.
will still do well, but again, slightly overrating himself

Reply #647850 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Micth Creeks off season...smashing up Vegas and driving to quick...mmm should be in for a big season!

Reply #647862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's where he always is - up in the gym working on his fitness. I'm his witness.

Reply #647897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

♫ My body stay vicious
I be up in the gym just working on my fitness
He's my witness ♫

Reply #647898 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Solid player and gets the job done. Why throw the hate

Reply #648323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754