SteveK2
Years ago

Illawarra Hawks vs Texas Longhorns Livestream

Tip-off 7:30pm AEST. Don't have much details but Delvon Johnson will play in this game, no Rotnei sadly. Last chance to see Mohamed Bamba in Oz.

Topic #41691 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Loving these streams, Melbourne's game against Wisconsin yesterday was a ripper.

Reply #644319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who organizes these tours, is it an Aus company or do the colleges do it themselves?

Reply #644325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Colleges are allowed by the NCAA to take their team overseas once every four years. They choose which country/continent they are going to and it goes from there.

Reply #644328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you are saying they just wing it?

Reply #644333 | Report this post

Cheikh Ya Ya Dia  
Years ago

These games have been a good way to stay in touch with the league. I look forward to watching this one.

Reply #644335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"So you are saying they just wing it?"

Umm no, winging it is NBL tyle. They reach out for teams to play against once they choose a destination. Planned for way in advance. Wisconsin for example had their whole NZ/AUS itinerary planned and finalised in February.

Reply #644340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

style*

Reply #644341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop throwing up junk Texas

Reply #644378 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Harsh listening to this commentary after getting used to the Melb guys the past couple of games.

Reply #644379 | Report this post

Cheikh Ya Ya Dia  
Years ago

I haven't seen basketball this bad since Lok. Novosibirsk

Reply #644380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who commentated the Melbourne games?

Reply #644381 | Report this post

Cheikh Ya Ya Dia  
Years ago

Brett Rainbow and Vince Colosimo.

Reply #644382 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Wasn't much of a contest with Bamba picking up 3 quick early fouls and Longhorns having no real perimeter threat vs. Bevo's zone.

I can understand if they can't get clearance for Conger yet (he only arrived Friday) but I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see Delvon Johnson suit up. Whichever front office stuffs up getting the clearance, that's just poor since he's been in the country since last Monday.

Reply #644383 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm not sure if they were SEABL guys or what I've never seen them before but they were informative and measured unlike these two who act like we're watching a world heavyweight fight. Tone it down for crying out loud.

A little bit of highlights/commentary I found of the Melb vs Texas game.

Damon Bozeman highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTttRavRpE

Mohamed Bamba highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jDQRp6b1HM

Reply #644384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks zodiac

Reply #644385 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Uhm yeah Matty need to tone it down a bit when someone dunks... especially after that Jericho Sims' and Nic Pozoglou reply dunk.

Reply #644387 | Report this post

Sen dog  
Years ago

Yeh Mcquade still sucks

Reply #644388 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Found the full Melb vs Texas game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5yYmih_3gA

Reply #644393 | Report this post

Cheikh Ya Ya Dia  
Years ago

Good game.

Jericho Sims couldn't carry my jock though it was a nice dunk

Reply #644394 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bamba caught a sloppy pass and one of them called it spectacular. Relax, boys! In a regular NBL game it would've barely been noticed.

I'm all for being positive about the visiting squad even if they're a fair way behind, but there's a limit. Save the "spectacular" for the Sims alley-oop.

Reply #644396 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

FWIW, watching that replay Cameron Luke & Rohan Short were the Melb commentators.

Reply #644397 | Report this post

known  
Years ago

its an American based company with Aussie contactsthat brings them out.

Reply #644408 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ogilvy, Coenraad and Ellis seemed the main contributors for Illawarra.

Who was the other guard with White? Didn't recognise the name.

Reply #644412 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Indiana Faithful, ex-Kings DP guard. He played well last night and Hawks should pick him up as DP if they still have spot.

Reply #644418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I posted last year the Kings should've picked him up instead of Jackson, don't think you can go back to DP after having a full list spot, think he's to old anyway, good back up player.
I'm hoping that Jurlina kid gets a run again tonight, looking good the other night and has good all round game, been playing under Luke at commets since got back fromUS college.

Reply #644426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Swear it was someone Freshwater?

Reply #644484 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hmmm the only Freshwater I'm aware of would be Jason from Sutherland Sharks in Waratah league? Not sure if he was briefly in the game.

I recalled seeing Indiana Faithful, Jake Lloyd (Bendigo or Ballarat I think) and Nic Pozoglou. Can you pinpoint the time you saw this guard hit the floor in the stream? I think its still available to watch.

Reply #644634 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754