SteveK2
Years ago

Kings Invitational vs Wisconsin Badgers Livestream

Tip-off 7:30pm. Commentaries by Matt McQuade & Brad Rosen.

Topic #41692 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks mate.

A few questions, will there be live stats?

Are Lisch, Leslie or Ellis playing in this game?

Are there any bigs on the Wisconsin team that will give Humphries a good test?

Reply #644411 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

There is livestat but up to Kings scorers to upload the link since they are the ones with the fiba account. Might wanna check or ask them on social media for the link.

No idea on Lisch but Leslie and Ellis not here yet. I heard in a week or two. As for Wisconsin big that'd be Ethan Happ, 6'10" PF/C that will probably match up with Humphries.

Reply #644417 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Oh btw before I forget, Happ wears #22 and you also might wanna keep an eye on the PG #0 for the Badgers, that's D'mitrik Trice, brother of you guessed it Travis Trice!

Reply #644419 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think Lisch said in an interview after the last college game he would be a couple of days out full on training and that he would be right to go for the season... I don't think they'd rush him for a college pre-season, but hopefully he's good to go for the Blitz in a few weeks...

So are every other teams imports in town yet? Perths have been here for ages, even the Hawks two new ones who both got signed after Leslie (maybe) and definitely Ellis, I saw something on one of the Bullets' new guys as well...

Endo f August is really very much pushing it and once again, Kings are last to get their team fully together (national team commitments notwithstanding).

Looking forward to being able to watch this game tonight and get a proper look at our youngsters... So no doubt Isaac picks up two quick fouls early and sits and gets < 15mins game time lol

Reply #644424 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

So are every other teams imports in town yet?

New 36ers import Shannon Shorter doesn't arrive until September 1st, he's still playing in China. Not a great situation that with the Blitz starting a week later.

Reply #644425 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Afaik most imports will be arriving in the next couple of weeks so rest assured Wookiee, they won't be too far behind the others. Just Perth leading everyone early in preparation as usual.

Btw might be of interest to you, just got news this morning that Jesse Sanders have been signed by Benfica in Portugal for the season.

Reply #644427 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! lol... Good on him though, Benfica well ahead of the Kings in knowing what they're doing :D

I might have to skip the "rest assured" though, as it's not a coincidence that Perth have made the playoffs for the last 1,458 seasons...

It's just frustrating as there shouldn't be many good reasons why they're not in town early unless they're finishing up in other leagues, which both Ellis and Leslie aren't...

Anyways, this is off topic... With Cadee, Newls and Vinnie on teir way back from the AsiaPac games, it would seem that we would have the same line up as last game... Hopefully Thoseby shows a bit more defensively and I look forward to seeing Daly as well...

Reply #644428 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wokie...I don't know which Jesse Sanders you watched, but he was really less than average at this level. There has to be a reason he got booted whilst Charles Camouche somehow kept his job.

Granted Sanders was a top class humble guy, especially around the getting booted then coming back fiasco, but on court he was not setting the world on fire.

Honestly I would take my chances with an unknown than Jesse Sanders.

Reply #644429 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From memory, Sanders got booted because management forced the coaches to bring in Young, who couldn't shoot from outside, so they had to keep Carmouche who was one of the few guys on the roster who could.

Reply #644431 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Sanders great PG with huge effort on court, but would only put up bricks.

Reply #644433 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

To each their own, Lvebrkr... Scoring wasn't everything, (although he shot like 2% from outside, it was really seriously bad) but I saw a very good defensive and rebounding guard that was a great facilitator... Was up there in steals and assists at the time and I think was behind only Damo in guards rebounding...

And Paul is right about why he was the one that was booted, especially when Carmouche was the seriously underperforming import...

I had a man crush on him being the sort of player we needed this coming season as he ticks a lot of the boxes that we didn't have last season that would have REALLY helped... He's not a Randle, or a Ware, or a Cotton, but he's not supposed to be...

With the stars we already have on our team, jumpshot, do you want someone taking shots away from Cadee, Lisch, Newls, Blanch or Humphries, or do you want someone who can get the ball to them where they need it and take the pressure off the other guards by taking up the toughest defensive assignments? /end preach :)

Reply #644437 | Report this post

Cheikh Ya Ya Dia  
Years ago

Have the Kings sourced all their imports? I'd like to give the NBL one last crack.

Reply #644439 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

It'd be a similar invitational team to last time. Probably looking to fill that last DP spot, not that it'd matter that much who it is. They've selected the right DP guys for what they may need so if anything its just to lock up someone they may like to have for scrimmages.

Good point to bring up the issue of shots with so much scorers in the team. With teams averaging around 65 shots per game in this 40 minutes format, how do you make everyone happy? The starting five and at least 4 of the reserves are all scorers, a lot of sacrificing ahead...

Reply #644447 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Wookiee,

Good points. However, then problem with a pass only PG is the defence knows you're going to pass and their first reaction is intercept. Look at Jackson.... excellent PG, but in this league you need both passing and shooting ability.

Why not have the best of both worlds??

Sanders + Lisch = Leslie...... I'm praying.

Reply #644452 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Look at Jackson.... excellent PG, but in this league you need both passing and shooting ability."

Jackson is one of the all-time best players in the league, the only player to win titles in his first three years and the only to win the assists crown in his first four. I think you need a better example!

If you're trying to use him being sacked by Melbourne, the guy couldn't stand DD and apparently said him or me. Melbourne didn't choose wisely.

Reply #644456 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I've always been amazed at how Cedric was able to dominate in the NBL despite being a very mediocre shooter and quite terrible at the free throw line. Even as he slowly loses his speed and athleticism, he still knew how to attack and skew the defence.

As for Leslie, as ridiculous as it may sound, he is a more athletic version of Prather with better ballhandling skills and longer shooting range, not quite Sanders + Lisch even with a pogo stick thrown in. Some people feels that he may not be that good offensively in the NBL, I'm not quite sure of that assessment.

Reply #644459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're trying to use him [Cedric Jackson] being sacked by Melbourne, the guy couldn't stand DD and apparently said him or me. Melbourne didn't choose wisely.

Ahhh that makes sense. DD what a dud!

Reply #644461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad pineau...

Reply #644464 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

/facepalm

The baseline cam experiment wasn't a good idea either.

Reply #644465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why are they playing in such as tiny gym>?

Reply #644466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Garlepp hrowing up junk again

Reply #644471 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Well good guess Wookiee, the hobbit did get into early foul trouble and they confirmed that the imports will get here on 3rd September. Interesting they'll make a decision on that last spot a few days after that. Makes you wonder if it will be Singh doesn't it?

The two Pineau airballs from outside, yeah I think they might wanna backtrack on all that talk that he's got more shooting range than he's shown at St Mary's.

Reply #644473 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Thoseby is a freak. Pineau is a concern - thought Hill or Moller were much better.

Reply #644485 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Carfino's son got court time tonight

Reply #644488 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, bit hard for Isaac when he's the only decent big defending... Apparently he was playing through the flu? As usual, I couldn't get to watch it, but the boxscore... ouch... out rebounded by a bunch of college kids... I know we had what, three full rostered players on there, but we should have done a LOT better... It just seems a pretty fair effort indicator across more games if it keeps up...

Wow, 3rd of September? barely enough time to unpack any bags before heading down to Victoria for the Blitz... I know I rant about this, but that will be nearly a full month after Perth new guys got to town... Ridiculous...

I guess they're waiting to see how well they mesh with the rest of the team and if they can cover any obvious shortfalls before making any obvious choices on who to sign for that last spot... Whether they think Singh can fill that spot or not, it would be at least something if they got him back in town and see how he scrimmages with the team...

Decisions being half-arsed and too slow... going to be a frustrating season...

Reply #644502 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can someone post the boxscore? Was there one for the Hawks game this week too?

Reply #644509 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Livestats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/77987/18/96/37/22kbwFZUZplA

Reply #644510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks!

Reply #644520 | Report this post

asntv  
Years ago

Hi Guys sorry about the baseline cam was working on a issue at the time didn't notice it switch to baseline for a small extended time and people asking me questions during broadcast.

All Feedback welcome and will keep in mind for future. Also I have people volunteering for cameras so not all know how to get the correct shots but anyone who does have experience welcome to email me for future. AS I get more games hoping to build a small professional team who available every game.

Regards

ASNTV

Reply #644550 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

ASNTV,

Generally very good product. Will you be streaming the NBL Blitz?

Reply #644628 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

All good James! Really appreciate the effort you guys put into it. The small hiccups were understandable and sometimes entertaining like that whack-a-mole maneuver you did when they interviewed Bevo :).

Maybe too late and costly to try cover the Blitz but that would be perfect opportunity to step into the void. If cost is an issue and you guys can somehow work with the NBL and clubs for publicity to get a Kickstarter or GoFundMe going, I'd happily donate to that.

Reply #644630 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

JVG says no 3rd import for Kings.

Reply #644635 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yeah, that interview at the Wisconsin game made me sad...

Will have to save that and tag him in it when we're in the bottom 4 and constantly getting out-rebounded...

Reply #644646 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

If the context is winning championship, well he is a risk-taker type for sure. I don't see any non-restricted big out there that would be better than Singh right now. Schenscher may be the only one but his age is a concern.

Based on recent FIBA Asia cup and an Atlas full game footage of Singh's performance, I'm not liking the risk. He has his positives but the negatives are coach-killer stuff. My lunch break over so I'll make a new post of that footage later Wookiee so you can see more for yourself.

Reply #644669 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

cheers mate...

there IS an Aussie big not doing much at the moment, and he's already had a singlet made ;)

Reply #644682 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I've put up the clips so let us know what you think of Singh in that thread.

As for the Aussie you're thinking, if this was 3 weeks ago, I'd say the chance is absolutely zero. Right now, with roster spots dwindling... I think there may be a very slight, maybe 0.0001 % chance it could happen. I don't know... there's that Utah game, his age and well-known desire to help the game grow here. Wouldn't put it past JVG to have had half serious joke/talk about it... of course this whole place will go into meltdown.

Reply #644739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they got that big Aussie the Kings would suddenly favourites. :)

Reply #644740 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

of course this whole place will go into meltdown.

lol... that would be the best part...

If he hasn't signed anywhere before we play in Utah, I reckon it would be a BIG win for the Kings to even just sign him to a 1 game deal to help promote the team/league/most importably actually make us a bit competitive...

I'd hope that JvG and Drewie would at least put the call in... you don't get if you don't ask and I reckon it could show some NBA teams that he's still got it (and help us not get totally blown out of the water).

Would be a great Boomers vs Boomers promotion and I'll take a 0.000001% chanceover flat zero any day :D

Thanks for the vids post, just found the thread (I normally just view latest posts) but the Kings beat up on some starving African kids? Jeez, that's a bit harsh!

Reply #644743 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Starving? Some of them looked like they just left a fast food drive thru.

Not sure if you can sign someone with the intention to only play 1 game unless injury replacement situation. Anyways NBA is abuzz right now with him having prelim talks with the C's, good chance he'll go there.

Reply #644920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754