LC
Years ago

Golden Heartbreak: Reliving the Boomers' Brazilian Mission

Thanks to their efforts in Brazil, a nation is watching basketball like never before. That's the lasting accomplishment for this group of Australian Boomers.

Call it revenge or redemption, whatever you will. That glorious shining light emanating from the heartbreak of Rio will be there to guide the Boomers towards Tokyo, where the promise of that elusive Olympic medal awaits once more.

Golden Heartbreak: Reliving the Boomers’ Brazilian Mission

An AMAZING read with contributions from a good number of Boomers, coaching staff and those involved.

Topic #41701 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah but we are the only nation in history to be reigning champions of two FIBA zones. ^_^

Reply #644613 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Many thanks for posting that, LC.

It's too hard for me to watch that ending against Spain - I still reckon the refs were looking for ways to make sure Euro powerhouse Spain won rather than Australia.

Reply #644654 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yeah, that's tough to watch, I just don't understand why that official would have made a call based on what appears to be a guess, there was no obvious contact. Not at that stage of a game anyway...

Reply #644676 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754