Bowtie
Years ago

Latest on Derek Rucker?

What is the latest news from the Gladstone fraud charge? Will both Rucker and Heal be missing from Fox NBL coverage this season?

Topic #41712 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker is on the outs with Fox and the NBL I've heard. Heal I'm not sure about but you'd think the league would want to steer clear given the impending court case.

Reply #644768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two prime examples of entitled ex-sports stars who think the gravy train should continue post their privileged playing careers.

Reply #644777 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The use of the word "privileged" generally tends to show the user as a moron.

So I am guessing you don't think Heal and Rucker worked their asses off to gain and maintain their skills?

Social Justice Warrior alert right there.

Reply #644786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha ME I hate social justice warriors and yeah using *that* word usually indicates one as such. Cringe.

Yes they did work hard. But now their careers are over, but the problem is while you are an athlete you get used to being treated a certain way and want it to continue afterwards. Upon retirement they can't adjust, hence they defrauded. Take take take.

Reply #644789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The use of the word "privileged" generally tends to show the user as a moron.

Tends to yes when talking about race or sex. Hate the word. But athletes out of the spotlight who can't adjust I think is a good word to describe them.

Reply #644790 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more ME.

Reply #644792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BTW I am the anon at #644777 who agrees the word "privileged" usually indicates morons at post #644789.

But in this case Heal & Rucker are acting as such, Rucker take take take from a local association is appauling, didn't you get your fill back in the day?

Reply #644796 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Good grief, what did I start? Innocent until court finds you guilty. I HAD heard Rucker pooped in his Fox nest but he was still the best and I was hoping for a turn around next season. Please...not Wortho!!!

Reply #644836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez thete are some idiots here. A player apparently can't cope afyer busting his arse then simply takes.
Hope you never sit on a jury. Kkk for you.

Reply #644840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Rucker sour his relationship with Fox?

Reply #644851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is the court case?

Reply #644852 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

DR was very outspoken about being passed over for Fox work last season due to his pending court case (so he said) Doesn't pay to bite the hand that feeds you...altho he had a good point he couldn't win that one. I gather that the Heal issue was considered not as serious during the NBL season.... maybe it will cost him work now that it has progressed.

Reply #644855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's see what the courts decide in both cases.

Reply #644861 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Funnily enough, using the term "social justice warrior" against someone is a pretty good indication of a moron too.

With regqrds to both cases, really the only update that matter is what happens in the courts.

Reply #644862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Rucker is dropped due to legal issues but not Heal. Mmmm, inconsistent.

Oh and of course the resident leftie/greeny has to pipe up about the valid SJW label.

Reply #644871 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

'The use of the word "privileged" generally tends to show the user as a moron. '

'using the term "social justice warrior" against someone is a pretty good indication of a moron too'

So, a bit of pot...kettle... black all around

Perhaps we need a Hoops version of Godwin's law? Something about as soon as you attack the poster and not the post, you automatically lose the argument, perhaps?

Reply #644884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morons galore /delete

Reply #644891 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Derek posted on Facebook yesterday he and Logan had mutually agreed that he would be moving on and he's looking to start his own coaching venture

Reply #644971 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

These labels don't really have much to do with the topic discussed but particular people feel the need to push their political views on the rest of us hoopsters which has become rather tiring to read of late and gradually harder to ignore.

These labels of "social justice warrior" and "lefties/greenies" pretty much amount to the feeling of "I hate these people for oppressing me from oppressing others!"

That's never going to be a winning argument amongst intelligent people.

There is the loud 10-20% minority who seem to disagree with the basic social justice concept of "don't be a dick to others" and complain when there is push back.

Like it or not, that comes with the territory - if you want to be offensive, people won't have remorse for the push-back criticism it entails.

Complain as much as you want - you can yell at a wall until the cows come home, it falls on deaf ears by the majority - and for good reason - society doesn't cop the hypocrisy and the younger generations are as evidence driven then ever so arbitrary prejudices just seem rather silly!

Reply #644975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D-Ruck knows howto talk but I would like to see him walk the walk in coaching.

Reply #644982 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

DOG!

Reply #701062 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754