Zodiac
Years ago

Taipans vs Bullets live stream

https://www.youtube.com/user/CQUninews/live

Cairns up 42-38 at the half.

Topic #41736 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I really hope Damon Heuir can have a breakout year. This is one where we have a distinct lack of scoring in our team, his potent 10min bursts will be perfect off the bench.

Trice should be close to a 20ppg guy for sure, especially with no Bairstow.

Still liking the look of Carrera. Tough guy, should start at 4 rather than lousy Loughton.

Reply #645565 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, great coverage last night.

Casted it from YouTube in HD onto the TV. Good viewing experience

Reply #645566 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Having now seen him play a few games it's pretty obvious that Carrera was recruited as much for his character as his skill set: a more athletic, mobile, tough guy replacement for wortho. Seems really aggressive and willing to back himself, but would like to see him be a lot more efficient. Hope that his percentages start moving up once the team starts clicking together.

Reply #645582 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

Nice to have any NBL-level game to watch for free on a Saturday night.
Thank you CQU.
I'm the bloke who at this time last year said Egwu would be candidate for first import
replaced. Others disagreed at the time. They were right.
However, Taipan's fans would have to trust he will perform vastly better into this next season than he did against the Bullets, because currently he is a liability.
Manu, much as I empathise with your trepidatious passion for the Taipans, I disagree with you about Carrerra. He'll need a lot of mental fine tuning before he becomes Fearne's Porsche GT. Got the physicals perhaps, but he's not playing team O, and he's just lost on D. The notion of rotating, not scrambling defensively, still eludes him, and looks like a concept he might not buy into at all. He wouldn't be the first.

Reply #645605 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Nahhh she'll be right. More than a month 'til regular season starts. This Porsche will be hitting 6th gear come the night of October 6, 2017

Reply #645608 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'm uneasy with a Porsche being paired with Fearne and anything to do with his coaching.

Reply #645616 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Were there any livestats? I couldn't see any posted on the respective teams twitter feeds, but it was the weekend and I was looking half-arsedly...

Reply #645617 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I'm uneasy with a Porsche being paired with Fearne and anything to do with his coaching.

I just had a vision of a Porsche driving through a shopping centre car park with a hundred speed bumps... Revving up between and then slowing down to a crawl to go over the bump...

Reply #645618 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Put Fearne at the wheel and you have a pretty good analogy of recent Taipans seasons

Reply #645629 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'll pay that Wookiee!! Haha.

Reply #645776 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754