Matt
Years ago

Sack Ange, Socceroos massive task to make Russia

Sack Ange, we need fresh ideas. Maybe Frank Lowy could break the bank and get a Hiddink standard coach for the play off legs etc and coach us to Russia if we make it...

Topic #41754 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Postewoglu, awful attitude and an awful gruff demeanour and admits to no Plan B, stubborn pig! If I was a player wouldn't be able to respond to him either.

Reply #646020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I already posted this thread at Nets.com.au

Reply #646021 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

We should have no expectations of the socceroos consistently reaching the world cup. They are (and nearly always have been) a mediocre team from a 'small' country who play without a clear goal scorer (barring cahill, who's been too old to play big minutes for a long time now). You could put mourinho in charge and it wouldn't make any difference. And even if they scrape through to the world cup they'll be out in the first trying for sure.

Reply #646023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder what Tommy Smyth with a Y would make of this on the Auld Onion Bag.

Reply #646025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bet Ange has tatts

Reply #646026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CT - AFC (FIFA Asia) is weak just as FIBA Asia is so that is why it is being treated as a failure not qualifying automatically out of it.

Reply #646030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to beat syria and likely Honduras to qualify.

Reply #646034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panama, USA or Honduras.

Reply #646035 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Just follow the BOOMERS!!!

Reply #646039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA will finish 3rd.
It's Honduras or panama.

We should beat both Syria and the concacaf team.

Nz will have a very tough time qualifying.
Argentina, Chile or Peru.

Reply #646043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats wouldve made the worldcup by now.

Reply #646044 | Report this post

J-dogg  
Years ago

Wildcats were invited but declined

Reply #646045 | Report this post

Tiny Pinder  
Years ago

I personally hope we fail to make the World Cup.

If half as much money was spent on any other sport we'd be demanding better results.

Flushing money down the drain.

Thank You Ange.

Reply #646046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's still better than spending money on sports only one country or a few Commonwealth nations compete in.

Reply #646048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We should beat both Syria and the concacaf team."

Apparently beating two weak teams is going to be a 'massive task' according to the OP.

We suck but not that much.

Reply #646049 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

@Tiny Pinder +1

Reply #646052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marty Clarke

Reply #646053 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

So, to put this in a hoops perspective ... you'd sack the coach of a team who had only a couple of weeks with some of his players because the players shot at an unacceptably low percentage?

Give me - and the coach - a break.

Reply #646071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a massive over reaction because the general public don't realise how weak the teams we will face in the two playoffs are.

Wait and see the qualification process hasn't ended yet they are calling blood. Not too bright wanting your coach sacked right near the end of the process (the two ties are in October and November respectively).

In saying that he does have issues with being too abrasive so the media are retaliating back now by shtting on him but he wasn't too bright with his persona.

Our players suck as well so what more can a coach do?

Reply #646079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players need same or definitely more of the blame.

Reply #646081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking of players did anyone listen to Aaron Mooy (one of our only players in the EPL) speak after the match? WOW... LOL!

Reply #646083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #646088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be hard for international coaches these days with players scattered all over the world playing different styles. Have no real idea of sport and intricacies, but having camps, friendlies every blue moon can't really help. Not sure where Ange is based but perhaps having position in Europe where can get players together more regularly. And is a type of sport where one mistake can cost everything and then after it all it comes down to a penalty shootout.
Lemanis would face these difficulties but I think with basketball the style can be developed real quick in a week camp, only problem I've seen just in my opinion is that we've gone the safe route with a few veteran selections. Had a surprising good campaign last time but I think needed to blood kids that are just there for the experience, don't need to be under ten's and everyone hit the court.
As for Ange's demeanour, that's his personality. You watch afl press conferences after games and there's generally the same reactions to dumb questions from journalists that normally have no idea or have been sharpening the axe against that coach in their columns, mainly there to get a rise out of the coach. That's why Popovich is always entertaining. And love Frank Martin from South Carolinas reaction when he got a great and we'll thought out question from a junior reporter, something that was unfaithful and knowledgeable.
So put yourself in his shoes, not the happiest guy at best of times but at least is honest, respect him for that.

Reply #646166 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754