Aussie
Years ago

NBL and WNBL launched by Fox Sports Australia

Season Launced. A nice read:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/national-basketball-leagues-launched-by-fox-sports/news-story/7d08f882bce891fe50e6c8802ddb2838

Topic #41769 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL
WNBL
FIBA Asia

Now covered by Fox all of a sudden. Yeah.

Should've bought Eurobasket to show now as a precursor to the above.

Reply #646433 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Not just FIBA Asia but ALL Boomers qualifying games, including the 2019 World Cup!!

Reply #646434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And women's 2018 World Cup .

Reply #646436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're funny! FIBA Asia _is_ the Boomers qualifying zone for the World Cup.

And yes looking forward 2019 World Cup!

Reply #646440 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Would all international games be on nbl tv as well?

Reply #646443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL is just NBL.

FIBA has their own site called livebasketball.tv

but aus games will be geoblocked as fox holds the rights.

Reply #646448 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Foxtel is definately the way to go.

All NBL games live, some WNBL, Lots of NBA games, College games, Euroleague, Australian Boomers, Australian Opals (+ AFL, NRL and A League, if you like these sports).

For about $3 per day, it really is worth it.

Reply #646452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$3/day = $90/month? Way too high.

If you only want sport (not other packs like dramas, sports) you don't pay $90/month but $55. and if a long term customer you just call up and say cancelling etc can get $36/month best deal.

Reply #646453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or the new Foxtel now streaming only is $44/month.

Reply #646454 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Does anyone know if NBL.TV will still be free for one chosen team? Or all $5 / month?

I actually don't mind paying $5 / month as I started off paying but I found I couldn't watch as many games as I'd liked so I focused on Sixers games only which meant it sort of made more sense to go the free option.

Reply #646457 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

I just looked at the Foxtel website and a special deal is up for what works out to be $1.60 per day or $11.24 per week.

Look here if you are interested: https://www.foxtel.com.au/shop/foxtel-iq.html?icid=offerbanner_iq

Reply #646458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why $5/month? NBL TV was free last season via Telstra. Hopefully that deal continues.

Reply #646468 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Is it at all possible that there are some people on this continent that aren't Telstra customers?

Reply #646565 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

On one hand if I sit there a brood over my monthly Foxtel bill I will eventually die a sad lonely shell of a man, on the other hand if I just enjoy all of the coverage and get my mates over to also cheer on our favourite teams with some pizzas, beer and bourbon I will die a happy man.

Either way, I don't expect I will need the cash when I am pushing up daisies, it's what I do with that short space of time beforehand that matters...

Reply #646567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is it at all possible that there are some people on this continent that aren't Telstra customers?"

Buy $2 SIM card = Telstra customer = free NBL TV (last season).

Reply #646574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754