SteveK2
Years ago

Kings vs Hawks Pre-season Livestream Sep 16

Tip-off 6:30pm at Snakepit. Will also be streamed on Facebook.

Both teams look likely to be at full strength. Lisch is subject to medical clearance but very likely to play.

Topic #41789 | Report this topic

Andrew  
Years ago

Sweet thanks!

Reply #646928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leslie out with gastro

Reply #646937 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

kings offence currently out with shuffle.

Reply #646940 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings are in mid-season form already.

Reply #646941 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Hawks in almost playoff defense mode and Kings playing half-arsed preseason mode.

Reply #646942 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Brad Rosen in full verbal diarrhea mode.

Reply #646943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Humphries rookie of the year now.

Reply #646944 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Humphries shows pretty good patience around the basket. If he can stay out of foul trouble, he should be a lock for RotY.

Reply #646946 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Rosen implying Newl's beard weighs 5kg?

Reply #646947 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Rosen sounds like he had a few bevvies pre-game.

Reply #646948 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Singh looks... not awful?

Reply #646949 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Surprisingly its turning serious now, the Kings seemed to have ditched the smoke and mirrors.

Reply #646950 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good 2nd half, but Bevo was just blooding his bench at the beginning of the 3rd Q in one of those moves that will end up probably paying more dividends down the stretch than a meaningless preseason win.

Reply #646951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man, this is going to be a great season of basketball.

Nbl, wnbl, NBA.

Reply #646952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there even competition for rookie of the year?

Reply #646956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great stream. Brilliant quality and great game. Loved the call from Matt and brad

Reply #646957 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

As for ROTY, ther's the Cairns kid? Is Peter Hooley counting? Otherwise... umm..?

Reply #646982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean Kuany Kuany I don't see him beating Humphries.

Reply #646985 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

No excuses but Kings playing with only 1 import. In terms of intensity, Kings still in training mode, and Cadee still on holidays.

Reply #646987 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Oh, there's no other legit chances of ROTY than Humphries, I was just trying to think of the rest of the rookie class...

Was great to have Kevin back and I agree with Brad Rosen that once again, Newley looks underdone in the off season, but they forgot that he didn't play most of the AsiaPac games... Still, not a huge excuse, and I remember being prety critical of his pre-season form last year as well and then he turned up during the season, so I'm not too concerned yet... Plenty more ahead of it at least...

The first half a result of the team not being together very long and the imports getting into town soon enough... Sure, can't factor in gastro, unless it was a poor reaction to his first try of Vegemite, but it's obvious that they're not in sync and they're running out of time to get into it before the season starts... Another two pre-season games against Perth this week and then off to Utah on the 28th(?) for a complete bollocking...

It really is going to be an embarrassment...

Reply #646988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To early to make any judgments, it's called preseason for a reason, United got beat by NZ yesterday and there the favourites.

Reply #647001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How has P Ellis gone in the other games? Put up 18 shots so was well-involved but no foul trouble. NBL newcomers are often still adjusting at this point, especially if they are defending active opponents in the paint.

Reply #647012 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

From what I have seen, Ellis has been pretty consistent with his output... Not sure about his fouls, but has been around the 20ppg mark most pre-season games I think?

Reply #647028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live stats available for this game?

It's just so hard to back the Kings for me... They usually have a top 4 talent team but just don't play the way that will get them the wins they need to be a top 4 team. Usually produce inconsistent play.

The hawks on the other hand have that grit and play harder than anyone and that usually gets you more wins than not, even with MAYBE what you might consider less talent.

Reply #647029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis has been very very good, I would not be-underestimating them, or Gaze. They have got rid of the shuffle and put a good squad together. It's an interesting start with NBA game travel for 3 sides and should cause upsets early, though every week will probably be upsets.

Reply #647030 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Ellis 1st game was pretty bad 3/11 FG for 6pts 6rb. He adjusted pretty quickly 2nd game 7/12 in 23 mins for 20pts 5rb but fouled out.

3rd game was him playing his natural 4, 8/10 in 26 mins for 20pts 3rb with only 1 pf. This game he went 8/18 for 21pts 5rb and again only 1 pf so pretty safe to say he should be ok.

Reply #647031 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

so pretty safe to say he should be ok.

Not necessarily there have been imports in the past who have played well in pre-season games and then once scouted have come back to the pack once the real stuff starts.

Jarrid Frye (36ers), Ramone Moore (United), Marvelle Harris (Hawks) come to mind.

Reply #647032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis is an elite import, look at what he did at Kansas unlike most no name college players who come here. Does no one on here follow college ball? The lack of knowledge is appauling.

Reply #647036 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Teams are already double teaming Ellis. It is promising that he can score from anywhere on the court. Better than Mr Brainsnap playing for Kings last year.

Reply #647038 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Sorry Anon, no... Many other things more important than following randoms in college basketball... To each their own, though...

Another example of starting the season off well and then completely crashing is Greg Whittington... Something just went wrong in him and he had more whinges than points most games... Ellis seems a bit more balanced and grounded though, from a personality POV at least, and will hopefully have a couple more options to pass out to when double teamed, but no matter how good he is (to a degree) if he keeps getting double-teamed and the rest of the team doesn't make the opposition pay, it won't be worth much... That's a time will tell thing though...

Need more time together and things will hopefully click... Interesting that JvG mentioned during the half-time interview during this game was part of the reason why our imports came in late was that it was part of the deal... Pretty pissweak excuse, but whatevs...

Reply #647040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wasn't some random college player though.

He was a four year player at one of the best programs in college basketball - Kansas.

Their games were constantly on ESPN and featured on highlights shows.

But I guess analysing the Kings to the nth degree is more important.

Reply #647045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ worrying Ellis may fade out like Whittington. Seriously Wookiee there are a lot of WTFs with the Kings right now but Ellis is a great signing.

Reply #647046 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Interesting that JvG mentioned during the half-time interview during this game was part of the reason why our imports came in late was that it was part of the deal... Pretty pissweak excuse, but whatevs...

Cost cutting, the less time they spend out here the cheaper their contracts are.

Reply #647048 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@ Zodiac - possibly, but surely a couple of weeks salary is worth it for team chemistry... Purse strings can't be THAT tight that they can't see the value... I'm an idiot most of the time and that's pretty clear to me...

@ anon - It wasn't my intention to say that Ellis will turn out like Whittington, I was just saying that Greg was another example and that Ellis seems to be of better character, so I didn't expect him to whinge more than score...

Reply #647087 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754