Tickle me Cosby
Years ago

NBL app removed from Telstra TV

As title suggests the app was removed yesterday. I assume Telstra are no longer a league sponsor.

Very disappointed, our league need to be as accessible as possible and this is a step in the wrong direction. Does anybody know the official reason behind this decision? I'm just assuming the sponsorship between the two is over.

Topic #41807 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke. Yet they support netball.

Reply #647318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, you're complaining, yet today they announced two free to air games a week on SBS. How about download the app, and mirror the games to your TV, or alternatively get a Fox sports subscription and watch every game also.

Some people will never be happy.

Well done to the NBL on the free to air deal and the ESPN deal for the NBA games.

Reply #647326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw the same thing. Wonder if that means it wont be excluded from data allocation on 4g now as well.

Reply #647340 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Wow, you're complaining, yet today they announced two free to air games a week on SBS. How about download the app, and mirror the games to your TV, or alternatively get a Fox sports subscription and watch every game also. "

I normally don't support complaining on first world problems, but in this case there is a bg difference between getting NBL TV for free last season where you can watch all games, and stream previous games on demand to your suggestion of SBS or Fox.

Of course they could just pay for NBL TV, which hopefully is $5 / month again.

Reply #647344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I noticed many months ago Telstra were advertising streaming for "AFL, NRL and netball" without any mention of NBL anymore.

Reply #647346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had the free NBL subscription through Telstra last year. I literally couldn't care less if I have to pay $5 a month for it this time. It is really a very small amount.

I am concerned however that there has been no mention of how or IF NBLtv is going to even run again this year? I know the site is still there and they will take your money still I assume... but it hasn't been mentioned at all. I won't buy it till they do.

Reply #647351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the past couple of season, the nbl.tv announcement came within only a week or so of the season starting.

Reply #647353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Telstra thing has been discussed before and now it's official. I certainly enjoyed the Telstra free coverage. $5 pm. even I can afford that. Just...

Reply #647368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't mind that Telstra stopped sponsoring the NBL and stopped giving away NBL.tv but did they have to remove a functional app from the Telstra TV?

Reply #647397 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No doubt all comes down to money. Given the games are now on Foxtel and they are in bed with Telstra it does all seem a little strange though.

Reply #647701 | Report this post

Ned  
Years ago

Will be paying 5$ a month, they do a good production

Reply #648008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #648031 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I reckon it will get launched late. They want people watching t he tv option.

Reply #648328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754